Camping and exploring (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Great! How long have you been wheeling in Idaho? From your avatar it looks like you drive an 80?
Sorry for the long delay to respond. I’ve had a lot of work this spring and summer and haven’t been on this web page in months.

Yes, I drive an 80 with a 4’ lift, 33’s, and Delta panhard & radius arms. Hope to get some ICONS on the 4 corners eventually. I’m from Idaho and have traveled all over the state off-road. That’s not to say I’ve pushed my rig under extreme conditions but I’m more aggressive when with other rigs and drivers.

Sorry for the long delay to respond. I’ve had a lot of work this spring and summer and haven’t been on this web page in months.

Yes, I drive an 80 with a 4’ lift, 33’s, and Delta panhard & radius arms. Hope to get some ICONS on the 4 corners eventually. I’m from Idaho and have traveled all over the state off-road. That’s not to say I’ve pushed my rig under extreme conditions but I’m more aggressive when with other rigs and drivers.

Thanks for the reply, I also am in the "take care of my rig mode" no more rock crawling for this guy unless its minor and on the way to a camp spot!

Shots from some of our favorite places. In no particular order..

InkedSPB_1756_LI.jpg

SPB_1721.JPG

DSC00519.JPG

SPB_1461.JPG

SPB_1312.JPG

Hope you enjoyed the pics! Cant wait to get back out and explore!

P7030108.JPG

Last edited:
Nice!

I am up for a trip or two. I am still wanting and planning to get over to Everson Lake.

I drink beer though and sometimes 25yr old rum. I cuss too. My Cruiser is fairly stock as well with only a CDL and medium lift.

Cheers

No worries, we drink, shoot guns and curse a bit as well!

our public lands are under attack by the selfish and ignorant.
The Times They Are a-Changin'. With all the people moving into Idaho we are noticing everyone getting less friendly. I’m not jumping on the anti-California band wagon but when you get the total numbers of new residents that are migrating from other states coming here we are bound to get a percentage of $hit heads.

Last edited:
The Times They Are a-Changin'. With all the people moving into Idaho we are noticing everyone getting less friendly. I’m not jumping on the anti-California band wagon but when you get the total numbers of new residents that are migrating from other states coming here we are bound to get a percentage of $hit heads.

I am also trying to keep a clear head about the major influx of "out of staters" and the attitude they drag with them.
I can honesty say that I have been wheeling here in Idaho for over 25 years and this is an issue I have never experienced before. My attitude has not changed, I'm the guy who would stop and help change a tire on the trail and or go out of my way to help someone.
I don't know if that is such a good idea anymore...

I guess that is why I want to find a group of "Core" people that don't have such attitudes and want to be with like minded people.. the reason for this thread.

Last edited:
I lived here before most of you were born, and trust me, there are plenty of s-heads here without any influx from other states.

Just got back last night from four days in Oregon, decided to leave the gear in the truck and go hit Boulder City tomorrow morning.

If anyone is up for a quick overnight up there hit me up. Taking my 80.

Cheers

We would go, but I have maintenance to do to the rig for next weekends excursion to the Hiawatha trail. Gonna camp at the Lochsa Lodge area on Thursday and ride (mountain bike) the Hiawatha on Friday/Saturday and head home on Sunday.
This ride has been on the wifes bucket list for some time!

Well, had a really awesome week out in the Cruiser. 800 miles out to Oregon and back and another 400-500 here in Idaho right after.

Got in some great wheeling and saw a lot of country I have never seen.

See if I can get a few more trips in before the year is done.

BCF68692-A244-408F-BB76-3A007B654C8D.jpeg

Cheers

Had a great time on our Labor Day trip to the Trail of the Hiawatha! We camped three times and rode 24 miles of trail, looked over the landscape on train trestles and rode through tunnels! Awesome trip!

DSC01127.JPG

20190901_104409.jpg

20190830_103117.jpg

SPB_1939.JPG

SPB_1943.JPG

Awesome stuff! I recently moved to victor withe my 98 100 series. I would love to explore Idaho with yall.

I honestly, in all my years on mud, never knew the clubhouse section existed. I guess I've seen it referenced a few times but never looked into it.

I'm in for some trips next year! Finally found some good garage space to do work on my 80 this fall/winter so it should be back up to snuff!

Edit - if all goes well I'm also going to be putting together a trip to Moab for sometime in the spring (April most likely). Something along the lines of 4-5 days. Anyone is welcome to join, we can always split up and run different trails depending on comfort level. I know for sure though that I want to get an overnight pass for White Rim and do it again. Last March I ran it in a single day because all the overnight passes were taken. Still fun and worth it but it would be great to spend a night or two out there Beyond that I'll prob be looking into some time in the Maze district of Canyonlands.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom