What have you done to your 100 Series this week? (26 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

First post. Bought a nice 100 to replace my FJC. Obviously I wanted better gas mileage for my ~100mi/ day commute. Loved my FJ, it was setup to tackle most of the Class VI NH roads and most anything else I wanted to run. Lifted on Bilstein 6112's/5160's. Full skids, sliders, AFtermarket upper/lower links etc.. Compared to my 1st gen taco the FJ was like having an easy button offroad. I really loved it, plus it didn't look like anything else on the road. That being said, it was not all that comfortable, pretty loud inside, and has very little space for 2 giblets. Plus it's like driving a submarine. After 230k+ miles I was looking for a little nicer place to be, some more space while still being able to wheel decently. The 100 isn't going flex nearly as well as my FJ, especially in the front. But it'll still be passable.

Found a nice 98 100. Decent service records, 210k miles. Originally from CO, and has only been up here in rustachussets for a few years. 1st owner (i'm the 3rd) had the 2 pinion front replaced with and ARB. 2nd owner installed BIOR sliders but never wheeled it. Otherwise it's stock and ready to be modded/ wheeled.

Screenshot_20191003-143904_Chrome.jpg

Landcruiser in it's native habitat: At the Hippy Foods.
20191006_164248.jpg

Screenshot_20191003-132045_Chrome.jpg

First post. Bought a nice 100 to replace my FJC. Obviously I wanted better gas mileage for my ~100mi/ day commute. Loved my FJ, it was setup to tackle most of the Class VI NH roads and most anything else I wanted to run. Lifted on Bilstein 6112's/5160's. Full skids, sliders, AFtermarket upper/lower links etc.. Compared to my 1st gen taco the FJ was like having an easy button offroad. I really loved it, plus it didn't look like anything else on the road. That being said, it was not all that comfortable, pretty loud inside, and has very little space for 2 giblets. Plus it's like driving a submarine. After 230k+ miles I was looking for a little nicer place to be, some more space while still being able to wheel decently. The 100 isn't going flex nearly as well as my FJ, especially in the front. But it'll still be passable.

Found a nice 98 100. Decent service records, 210k miles. Originally from CO, and has only been up here in rustachussets for a few years. 1st owner (i'm the 3rd) had the 2 pinion front replaced with and ARB. 2nd owner installed BIOR sliders but never wheeled it. Otherwise it's stock and ready to be modded/ wheeled.

View attachment 2101195

Landcruiser in it's native habitat: At the Hippy Foods.
View attachment 2101196
View attachment 2101197
Looks good!!! Now I'll have to train myself to "not" be on the lookout for your silver FJ, the blue cruiser should be easier to spot!

Looks good!!! Now I'll have to train myself to "not" be on the lookout for your silver FJ, the blue cruiser should be easier to spot!

I'm not sure the last time I saw a blue 100. Green is my favorite color on them, but the blue looks pretty good in person.

Finally got to go camping this year! We had a great time in NH even with the overnight 35* temps!

attachFull3578912
attachFull3578916
attachFull3578917
attachFull3578918

How'd you stay warm?

Changed injectors. Non-Pro tip...Don't keep the remote start button in your pocket when you're taking fuel system apart. 🤪 She certainly feels smoother. I feel a slight change in acceleration...bit faster and smoother. Now we have to see if mileage increases.

I will post in the next few days. Need to aim them up just a tad. Fun project.
Love your truck! Which projector did you go with? I'm itching to open mine back up and do LED projectors this time.

Dropped off my rear axle shaft at Eighty-Ninety Gearing in Acworth, GA. Having new rear seals and bearing installed due to a slight leak behind the brakes. Breather was 'clear' (as in, I could blow through it, although not a ton very fast) so decided to have the work done.

$250 in parts from Mr. T Later (plus whatever labor costs) and hopefully she's back in business by Wednesday. Leaving Thursday morning for a long trip.

Also waiting to get the truck back... Freshly painted front trim pieces to replace the ones I accidentally/totally on purpose broke when installing my ARB. I bought all new clips and stuff for them, just need the truck so I can install!

-3238156533727654960.jpg

20191004_182559_HDR.jpg

20190610_183907.jpg

20190610_183901.jpg

20191001_114121.jpg

Love your truck! Which projector did you go with? I'm itching to open mine back up and do LED projectors this time.
Thank You! Morimoto Mini D2S BiXenon HID and Sealed LEDs for High Beams. I should have gone with something replaceable for the dedicated High Beams. I'M likely gonna pull them out soon and go that route.

Thank You! Morimoto Mini D2S BiXenon HID and Sealed LEDs for High Beams. I should have gone with something replaceable for the dedicated High Beams. I'M likely gonna pull them out soon and go that route.
Oh wow, I did not expect you to say that last part... why? I was planning on using those units for high beams when I re-do my retrofit. Just not worth it? I'm currently running H7 LEDs for the high beams in the middle reflector (plus bixenon shutter) and it's great, but I really like the honeycomb look of those dedicated highs.

EDIT: what made you choose HID over the new LED projector offerings?

Went to Lake San Antonio, California, for a meeting with other amateur astronomers. As usual, the LC fit me, my lovely wife, and our Pup as well as three large telescopes. One scope set up was only for taking pictures, (see attached), and two to use visually. We also brought camping gear for my son and his girlfriend who were meeting us there (the reason for the second visual telescope). Anyway, packed to the gills but still able to fit everything inside - nothing flapping in the wind! I like the utility of the Land Cruiser - ahh!
North American 12800 embed 1.jpg

Picture is of the North American Nebula in the Constellation Cygnus.

I've got a set of these sitting in the garage waiting for me to do the same thing. Thinking about painting them black, but not sure if I can commit to that or not.
Shooting paint is the easiest and most fun thing to do. It’s the prep (scraping, sanding, wire wheel, degreasing, washing and masking) that is a PITA considering I’m already using pneumatic tools for faster turn around. Give yourself 2-3 days for all 4 wheels to get done.

Went to the local ravine and snapped this pic real quick, looks nice, thought i'd share.

48854981677_9e1e44a8b1_h.jpg
Did you get the "noise reducing" trim for the Prinsu?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom