Heater Dead In the Water (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
good day all,
I have a 94 LC with 155k miles. It has had unbelievable cabin heating. I recently had the air conditioning overhauled with all new parts including the expansion valve under the dash. I now have ice cold air.

Problem is now I have no heat. My water mix valve is in fine condition except the cable that actuates it does not move when the slider in the dash is moved. I unhooked the cable and the arm for the water valve moves freely and the heater hoses get hot instantly. However even with the valve manually actuated, there is still not heat in the cab. The cable that should actuate the valve does not move even when disconnected.

when I move the temperature control slider from cold to hot and back and forth I can hear changes in the dash like something is happening but no heat ever comes out. With the air conditioning on and blowing cold I can move the slider to the hottest setting and ice cold air stops and only ambient temperature air blows out, but not hot. Is it possible that my mechanic did something when he had the air box apart or is it something else like a servo. Thanks

I b

What you are hearing is the blender. I believe the cable is actuated by a servo. Try disconnecting the cable from the heater valve then move your temp gauge to hot and ser if the cable is moving. you may just need to adjust it in the bracket on the valve

What you are hearing is the blender. I believe the cable is actuated by a servo. Try disconnecting the cable from the heater valve then move your temp gauge to hot and ser if the cable is moving. you may just need to adjust it in the bracket on the valve
I already did that. Cable does not move when slider is moved

You may try this

I took the stereo out to try to see the servo that some people had mentioned in other threads.. With the stereo removed I could see a couple of air control arms but was unable to see what was actually moving them. Was I in the right spot?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom