60 series....Tech and Classifieds (6 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

The emissions computer has nothing to do with my V*8 swap, so its a non issue, I just took it out over the weekend. I don't plan on removing the two items I noted above without further research and so i will delve into what these things do, logically they may be inherent to the cars function, figured someone might know off-hand. I have no plans to simply guess at it.

My engine has a stand alone wiring harness, the only interface with the truck is the starter and alternator, the rest is governed by the GM ECM under the hood that essentially operates the engine. I'm half-way interfaced with the A/C system...I run a GM compressor and custom hoses but retain the Toyota A/C components otherwise.

The term emission computer is a pretty liberal naming convention for the term "computer", but back in the day...mid 80's before fuel injection came into play for most vehicles there were all kinds of "electronics" in play and mostly were generally dumb systems. When you swap engines like I've done, alot of stuff goes right out the window from the base vehicle on electronics that relate to the engine or it can I should say, depending on the type of engine and electronics used.

Last edited:
That’s all light related wire colors.

Not trying to be a smartass but a quick glance at a 86 FJ60 wiring harness will tell you colors and what they go to.

Solid green is always a dead give away no matter the year you are dealing with lights.

Even a Haynes manual can get you that

I have a hard copy 84 shop manual and a 83 wiring diagram which I was looking at this afternoon, all I could buy new OEM at the time. The relay box appears to be related to the head-light washer/cleaner, and I believe the other item is the hazard flasher. Not sure the 83-84 references align with the 86 but I'll check into that later.

yeah I did not get around to the unplug and see method.

not unique to a 60, but I'll ask here anyway. Anyone have a recommendation for a self contained LED light or lights to use to light the interior of the 60. Basically to replace the dome light function but the plus is...provide adequate light across all four seats and the bed. Mounting points would be at the top of the posts facing towards the center and somewhere in bed area, also facing downward... I realize this is not a one light project. Web sites or sources for options...anyone? Very tired of ...lack of adequate light as it stands now and has been for a very long time. Now is the time to consider solutions.

open to mounting points that make sense and serve the purpose at hand, also open to general solutions

by selfcontained I mean the install would be simple and the light fixture along with the bulb is ready to go and the fixture is there to serve as the mounting point. Power would come from truck battery..as normal.

not unique to a 60, but I'll ask here anyway. Anyone have a recommendation for a self contained LED light or lights to use to light the interior of the 60. Basically to replace the dome light function but the plus is...provide adequate light across all four seats and the bed. Mounting points would be at the top of the posts facing towards the center and somewhere in bed area, also facing downward... I realize this is not a one light project. Web sites or sources for options...anyone? Very tired of ...lack of adequate light as it stands now and has been for a very long time. Now is the time to consider solutions.

open to mounting points that make sense and serve the purpose at hand, also open to general solutions

by selfcontained I mean the install would be simple and the light fixture along with the bulb is ready to go and the fixture is there to serve as the mounting point. Power would come from truck battery..as normal.

thanks...I'll check that out. I wanted to try and deal with the interior lights now while I'm generally working on things and nothing is in the bed, so I don't have to unload and move things around. I'm guessing there are a number of solutions but just need to get some ideas.

took the easy way out for now....new LEDs for the OEM light assemblies.

Last edited:
There are a ton of self contained LED options out there. Google LED rock lights. They can be used anywhere in or on the vehicle.

Dream 60 is up for sale

00m0m_jQJqS6uXtCf_600x450.jpg

Mine is available for $35k without a tent, and comes with more dents and stories :grinpimp:

Similar. Not crazy about the exterior color or interior changes. Interesting to see what it brings

Similar. Not crazy about the exterior color or interior changes. Interesting to see what it brings

I’m offended by everything about that truck

I agree with you both, yet............................

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom