FJ62: paint color? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
My 89 62 will be going to paint in the next couple of weeks. Still deciding on color. Considering the following:

- Power Trim Co. Green (Edger |Trimmer | Power Trim Co., Inc.)
- Toyota Nebula Green
- Velvet Green (ala Land Cruiser Restorations)
- Audi Nardo Grey
- Toyota Desert Beige
- Toyota Quicksand

The nature of my truck (already been repainted poorly once by a prior owner), SOA, recently installed E90 front seats, black DNP carpet, and plans for new door panels means I'm not going to approach this as a Toyota purist.

Leaning toward the Nardo Grey or Desert Beige, but having difficulty picturing these on a 62.

Would appreciate input and photos from you.

Jarrod

My 89 62 will be going to paint in the next couple of weeks. Still deciding on color. Considering the following:

- Power Trim Co. Green (Edger |Trimmer | Power Trim Co., Inc.)
- Toyota Nebula Green
- Velvet Green (ala Land Cruiser Restorations)
- Audi Nardo Grey
- Toyota Desert Beige
- Toyota Quicksand

The nature of my truck (already been repainted poorly once by a prior owner), SOA, recently installed E90 front seats, black DNP carpet, and plans for new door panels means I'm not going to approach this as a Toyota purist.

Leaning toward the Nardo Grey or Desert Beige, but having difficulty picturing these on a 62.

Would appreciate input and photos from you.

Jarrod

I would consider Toyota 4X0 then I would powder coat bumpers and tire carriers military green. Second choice, I would paint 416. My daily has 416, but slightly greener or darker and people always stop me on the street.

IMG_9881.JPG

Get some quality photos of your truck and digital samples of each of the colors and post a job on Fiverr. Figure $10-15 max to have someone Photoshop it. Given what you'll be spending on paint seems like a good investment.

Will check out Fiverr, thanks.

Definitely like the Toyota Beiges—both desert and dune. Not going to be an easy decision.

I would also go with either Toyota beige or Audi Grey. Grey would be a bit more unusual, a good thing IMO.

Leaning toward grey. Have grey interior. Thinking beige exterior would require rethinking the interior.

Nardo grey may be the winner.

Still like the weird greens though too.

If I repaint my 60 I think Im going with the Porsche Stone Grey. Its "grey" but biege at the same time.

The color of my '84 FJ60 is Beige. IIRC Dune Beige wasn't used on 60-Series (I don't know if Toyota ever had a Desert Beige, but I'm not sure).

Going to go with Keswick green on the body, dechrome the window sills and go with Nardo grey on the FJ Cruiser steelies.

Eventually think I’ll go with the euro side mirrors as well.

Will look like a completely different truck in another week or two.

Thanks everyone for all the input/help.

I also like the Beige color. Just finished the paint recently on mine. Coming together nicely. Hoping to be daily driving this fall
Dune Beige 464 I believe I ordered
IMG_3789.JPG
IMG_3788.JPG

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom