What have you done to your 100 Series this week? (31 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

mine was a cali car before moving to florida. i was very pushy about "bottom" pics. lol
Nicely done! When I picked up my 99 in 04 it was perfect underneath. East Coast winters have been tough, working on cleaning things up and using POR 15 in the upcoming weekends.

I did a couple of things recently to keep the ball moving forward.

I had some frame rot by the right front tire. I drove it up to Providence for a frame on repair, sandblast, and undercoat. Looks very good and I feel like a black cloud is gone from over my head.

I had some water leaking and suspected that I needed to clean the sunroof drains. They were clear, but there was a lot of grime stuck under the sunroof wind deflector and the seals were caked in it. I cleaned it up very well and then ran water over the top for 20 minutes. Looks to be resolved from that angle. I do have water dripping on the PS floor. I'll check the drain before ordering the rubber strip.

I figured out that my '04 does not have the cabin air filter, but the '99 has the hole for it (with no filters installed). The pack of two I ordered appears to have come with only one, so I need to follow up on that. Does everyone recommend that I convert the '04?

I installed an Echo Auto in the '04. This is a game changer for me because I have NAV. The person that owned it before me seems to have installed an FM transmitter that feeds into the center console box bottom right next to the hidden 12V adapter. I put all the components in there and Alexa can still hear me shout out my favorites.

Used the old girl to hurl a couple down the beach to find a secluded spot to tie the knot.

That’s awesome. Congratulations :)

Washed it for 8 hours over two days then went to a wedding an hour later and drove on dirt roads for 16 miles. Great. Pressure washed it the next morning before my skillet was even hot. My 90% broken negative terminal broke but luckily had one on hand. Not what I would have chosen but it works just fine. Cut off the old, filed a nice flat contact spot, and bolted ‘er down with dielectric grease. Even found a few random bolts rattling around thanks to the PO. Adjusted the TBs again. Little stuff but feels good to knock things off the list. Next I need to disable the tailgate door open switch.

FA8AA3EA-BDD3-4623-A54F-F37C5255F675.jpeg

851B2B06-C97C-40EE-AF47-487A35264EF5.jpeg

Got new plates, new to me anyways.... my cousin went to med school and sold
His LX to cut some cost. I made him keep his plates so I could have them. Lucky me.

7DCBC9B7-783F-4425-AC00-C1129F6FC668.jpeg

E76A4437-8E99-4F3E-A56C-9C0937C656C1.jpeg

Last edited:
Does anyone here drive around without their second row seats? I removed the third row seats, my running boards, my roof rack/rails, rubber luggage strips adhered to roof, spare tire and now possibly second row seating. Truck has much better pickup without all that weight. Just curious...it’s my daily driver and very rarely have a truck full of people.

4C4C28FF-F9AF-40EF-BA3D-B287BBEA902F.png

New bushings for the front of the front differential, the vertical one was removed quickly with an air chisel and pressed in with floor jack, nice and square. The horizontal bushing was removed by cutting the band on the bushing with a sawzall and pressed in with a ball joint tool borrowed from Advanced Auto. Took about 3 hours.

thumbnail_IMG_1777.jpg
thumbnail_IMG_1778.jpg
thumbnail_IMG_1779.jpg
thumbnail_IMG_1781.jpg
thumbnail_IMG_1782.jpg

^ im jealous of all of you with garages/ doors tall enough for your LCs. Cant fit mine with a roof rack (stock) there is no way now with a lift.

@CruiseLanderAZ i like them so far. stiffer than stock and the COIL from Ironman is WAY tall, but I dont mind the rake.

^^^Actually, that's one of the reasons I've kept AHC. Otherwise I can't work on it in my garage. I always put a note on my steering wheel to remind me to be in LOW mode before reversing out!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom