Builds DINGO- 60FZJ-UTE LS3 EROD (PROVEN CA SMOG) (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Thanks J!

I have hours and $$ on a spreadsheet along with misc weekend labor from a buddy.
Now that’s a thread in and of itself...
I knew just by your work you’d have everything right down to the smallest detail. I tried on my swap... I gave up 🤣

I personally had my hands on DINGO, and I can tell you that the work Jason has done is amazing. I was looking at how he made the rear panel, and fit the thing on the 60 body, it was great craftsmanship to say the least. It required minimal body work and filler, which tells me that it was fit with precision. Left side and right side matched perfectly, like a mirror. Not easy at all. Great job!!!

Slider rails finished, finer liners in, dual batteries/trays installed, radiator, washer reservoir, washer linkage and steering tied to gear box.

Routing air intake to drivers side. Once SMOG is complete will make an air box behind DS battery.

Got ideas on the overflow tank from radiator and the charcoal canister bracket on PS fender well. Fuse block bracket PS fender, ARB compressor PS fender.

Monday I'll start on the steering column, brake booster and master. Start cleaning up the donor dash getting linkage for the TC shifter designed.

Ordered more little pieces, 4" silicone coupler, EVAP purge and vent valve, trans dip stick, overflow tank, radiator cap, etc..

Pic on Monday

J

A little further along.

J

IMG_20190902_115909652.jpg
IMG_20190902_115921432.jpg

looking good. Are you running the Chevy air box or Toyota? I have been eye balling a buddy’s from his Chevy truck and it seems to a good candidate as least for me. Right side inlet with a 4” (not measured) exit.

looking good. Are you running the Chevy air box or Toyota? I have been eye balling a buddy’s from his Chevy truck and it seems to a good candidate as least for me. Right side inlet with a 4” (not measured) exit.

Neither for now. They are not allowed for the EROD conversion. Have to run a simple GM CARB cold air intake element (EO# approved) WITHOUT a box or air dam to pass SMOG. Once SMOG is complete I will build a removable air box.

GM element only to pass SMOG with the EROD set up. CARB approved with EO# for EROD
(EXACT GM ELEMENT SHOWN)
1567475133465.png

Once SMOG is complete
(BOXED ELEMENT CONCEPT)
1567475509256.png

I kept mine when I shut down.

Andrea keeps a spreadsheet cost for EVERYTHING.... In the past 4 years I've spent 2120.00 mounting, balancing tires and just pulling old tires off good rims. This is just for my projects and trailers. Does not include our other 4 sets of tires we purchased in that time.

Andrea keeps a spreadsheet cost for EVERYTHING.... In the past 4 years I've spent 2120.00 mounting, balancing tires and just pulling old tires off good rims. This is just for my projects and trailers. Does not include our other 4 sets of tires we purchased in that time.

it's amazing how things add up when you start tracking them.

A few more parts arriving..

Charcoal canister bracket
BIG ASS 205Ah deep cycle AGMs
Custom Trail Tailor 7075 Aluminum RLCAs

FJ60 door panels are finalized. I have all door, quarter and tailgate panels in CAD now. ALUMINUM panel orders await.

J

IMG_20190904_114952715.jpg

HA! Look at that little 34 group next to these monsters!

IMG_20190904_085536154.jpg

IMG_20190904_132117340.jpg
IMG_20190904_134529689.jpg
IMG_20190904_145416596.jpg

Another batch of Precision gaskets ( Poppy is getting all new too)

Glass guy will be here tomorrow to install the windshields on Poppy and Dingo and Poppy's cargo and rear glass.

Window tint guy dropped off all the glass tinted this morning. Great service from that guy!

Lokar pedal, overflow tank, battery terminals, trans dip stick, new heater valve, seals, and headlight clips, springs and adjustment screws.

Center section of bumper is dialed in.

All my aluminum bumper parts for a few other customers arrived today, so Monday is back to TT biz to get those aluminum orders finished and to powder.

J

IMG_20190905_090911485.jpg
IMG_20190905_135809260.jpg
IMG_20190905_135748582.jpg
IMG_20190905_140636438.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom