Local For Sale/Wanted Section! (5 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Hey everyone,

My clutch pedal return spring gave up this weekend - and of course it’s one of those now discontinued/unobtainium parts. I did some digging around McMaster and Grainger but neither of them have a spring with appropriate compressed/extended lengths in a size that will fit.

Anyone kicking one of these around the garage - or know of a later model Toyota spring that will fit? Measurements below. Realistically anything under about 0.6 around with a compressed length longer than 5.8” and an extended length capable of 7” or more should do the trick.

If someone has two I’d take both - if the clutch gave up the brake (same spring) probably isn’t too far behind.

SOR/FJ parts and whatnot appear to have them still, or an aftermarket version - but before I pay $10 shipping for a $5 spring I figured I’d check locally.

OEM PN was 90506-12450 - don’t see anything that supersedes it in the parts catalogues.

AE46E6CF-B2E9-4261-8CFE-339E24D1CFEE.jpeg

98B14AB4-134E-4931-962E-478866B64C04.jpeg

16D656F2-8A89-4F1C-8D53-56054650455C.jpeg

Rick send me your address and I'll shoot one down to you. Gary

Thanks Gary - PM coming - maybe you can throw that H41 in a flat rate box with it ;)

@RWBeringer4x4
fwiw, Rick, I drove my 40 for a year without a spring... lost it one day replacing the fuse box and found it a year later under the mat, when I was wiring in a relay for fog lights 😂

Hey everyone,

My clutch pedal return spring gave up this weekend - and of course it’s one of those now discontinued/unobtainium parts. I did some digging around McMaster and Grainger but neither of them have a spring with appropriate compressed/extended lengths in a size that will fit.

Anyone kicking one of these around the garage - or know of a later model Toyota spring that will fit? Measurements below. Realistically anything under about 0.6 around with a compressed length longer than 5.8” and an extended length capable of 7” or more should do the trick.

If someone has two I’d take both - if the clutch gave up the brake (same spring) probably isn’t too far behind.

SOR/FJ parts and whatnot appear to have them still, or an aftermarket version - but before I pay $10 shipping for a $5 spring I figured I’d check locally.

OEM PN was 90506-12450 - don’t see anything that supersedes it in the parts catalogues.

View attachment 2061868

View attachment 2061869

View attachment 2061870

@RWBeringer4x4
fwiw, Rick, I drove my 40 for a year without a spring... lost it one day replacing the fuse box and found it a year later under the mat, when I was wiring in a relay for fog lights 😂

Yeah I was pleasantly surprised to find it really doesn't do much. Was a little concerned it might not allow the clutch master to retract fully, resulting in a pressure build up and the T/O Bearing riding the Pressure Plate - but I haven't seen any evidence of such. Nonetheless, the floppy clutch pedal is annoying and now that I know it's broken...I have to fix it...

Just picked up a barely used set of BFG 37" tires. Only issue is they are for a 17" wheel. Anyone have a set of wheels that will fit my 80 without any spacers or adapters? Ideally 0 offset or 4-4.5 backspace.

Garage sale!

Awhile back someone asked about a diff for their 60. I finally cleaned out my storage unit and found the oem rear LSD from my 1989 BJ74.

Price = a case of something good (not an IPA)

3E0E830F-3750-4F8B-968E-BFE1CE39B9B4.jpeg

00F00562-F675-4FE7-A63A-167FC2ED9D59.jpeg

100 series rear springs. OME 863. On the truck for 10k miles or so before going with heavier ones.

(I want to keep the spacers)

Price = a case of something good.

5F2AC792-B33B-4CA5-9C09-C55CA9AFD221.jpeg

Cool! Can I bring it to fall crawl for you? Or do you want to pack it as carry on when you fly home from CO? :)

1993 80 series project at auction in Maryland

Lot #32

1568891864714.png

WANTED!

Slee Short Bus 80 series front bumper

Worth a shot...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom