It's not cast iron (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

The pix I've seen of the Matfer pan shows the handle as being spot-welded on as opposed to the De Buyer which is riveted. That accurate?

I'll bet the Matfer is really nice. No experience but I'm sure it's excellent.

My deBuyer pans are 6-7 years old and in everyday use. As in EVERYDAY. Even used at Rubithon 2 weeks ago! Great track record for my uses.

Anyway, nice to have all these choices. Steel pans are the best and not pretentious or expensive. What else can you buy for $50 and use everyday for the rest of your life?

The pix I've seen of the Matfer pan shows the handle as being spot-welded on as opposed to the De Buyer which is riveted. That accurate?
That is correct. I actually thought I was buying a deBuyer (the amazon link steered me wrong before I realized it - twice in a week!). Anyway, for all intents and purposes it's identical.

I scored this steel griddle at an "antique flea market" this summer. $12
1571674312575.png

I followed the seasoning tips with flax oil and have done 3-4 coatings, more and thinner is better for uniformity.

1571674738441.png

1571674370345.png

sadly, i have yet to use it (for more than warming tortillas ;)

Last edited:
I have one of those and, me too, sadly, after a couple of French Toast excursions, only use it for warming large Tortillas...

I was pretty excited to find that steel griddle. It was labelled a castie, so I jumped at it for $12, then later looked at it's welded wire handles. Figured, "whatever, it's sweet and better than no griddle". Maybe it's high carbon, maybe it's just steel but it seems to have taken the flax seasoning, so I'll be happy to use it and see how it performs. 👍

Looks like a nice one. You did well at 12 bux!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom