Builds FJ Cruiser Rusty Frame Utah (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Jcked is not good wouldn't have bought if i Had seen in person.

Been out of the world wide web since Wednesday besides some quick cell service.

FJdemon has emailed me with advice.

I was able to talk to used car dealer. He seemed like the guy that you could argue with for days so I didn't go there with him. He refunded my credit card $1,500.00 and thats all he would give me. Even when I said give me $2,000.00 and i will leave a decent review on your website any less and I will give you a bad review. He let me know that he didn't have to do this. I did pay him in 2 payments. I am still torn if I should cancel my smaller payment about $3,500.00. probably wouldn't get it back but maybe. It would give me a good F$ck Y$u feeling and miss up some of his time. What would you guys do? I am 70% let it go 30% cancel Payment on card. Dirt bike buddies say take the money bust out welder patch frame and move on.

So I guess I bought a project car GREAT

What does "jacked" mean in this context? I'm familiar with the ripped off version, and also the well defined muscles meaning.

OP, any update?

Sorry, slang probably wasn't best. I was implying the frame is in very bad shape.

I would cancel every payment to the dealer. He totally misrepresented what was sold and sold you a unsafe vehicle. You need to quit asking for advice on how to fix it and find a competent attorney and get your money back.
Let this be a lesson for people who buy cars off the internet that a pre purchase inspection is GOLD. Almost any local TLCA club in the US has a member(s) who are competent enough to give a honest opinion on a vehicle for free or a small fee. You can go to the clubhouse pick your area and ask the local club if anyone can help you.

^what he said. You agreed to purchase a vehicle that was represented as being a road worthy vehicle with no major issues. Holes all over the rusty frame is not what you agreed to. Lawyer up, best case scenario a strongly worded letter sent by an attorney will yield a full refund. Did you already take possession of the title?

What does "jacked" mean in this context? I'm familiar with the ripped off version, and also the well defined muscles meaning.
as in "jacked-up" or "badly executed" or "shoddily covered up" ...

I would cancel every payment to the dealer. He totally misrepresented what was sold and sold you a unsafe vehicle. You need to quit asking for advice on how to fix it and find a competent attorney and get your money back.
Let this be a lesson for people who buy cars off the internet that a pre purchase inspection is GOLD. Almost any local TLCA club in the US has a member(s) who are competent enough to give a honest opinion on a vehicle for free or a small fee. You can go to the clubhouse pick your area and ask the local club if anyone can help you.
^^^^This 100%^^^^

I've helped several MUD folks out by "putting eyes on a vehicle" that was local to me. You didn't get a roadworthy vehicle, I'd push for 100% refund and give that heap back to him once you are confident you have $$$ in bank.

Going to give it a try concealed payments with credit card company.

I just went though a similar thing with Visa, and it was easy. That thing is a complete turd. I’m not a fan of “FJs” in the best case scenario, but the frame on yours is total junk. The dealer should have his license pulled. I’d be talking to the attorney general in the state you bought it.

I have not taken possession of title "suppose to be in the mail" Complaint has been filed with credit card company. Next step file complaint with Attorney General thanks for suggestion Joseywales. You should see our other Car Josey Honda Element manual trans. We chose the FJ cuz it looked like our Element on steroids, test driving other vehicles in our price range with manual trans we liked the FJ the best.

, test driving other vehicles in our price range with manual trans we liked the FJ the best...

What would those other vehicles be, I wonder?

I've been looking at this model lately and have noticed that people talk about how rare and coveted the manual is. Not really rare, I would say, and value of manual seems to be less, not more, than auto. Maybe that's because fewer people drive manuals,?-I don't know. However, my driving experience is that I disliked manual and enjoyed auto. This was a surprise, as I expected the opposite.

Let us know how it goes with this case. Why are you choosing not to name the car dealer in question?

Jcked is not good wouldn't have bought if i Had seen in person.

Been out of the world wide web since Wednesday besides some quick cell service.

FJdemon has emailed me with advice.

I was able to talk to used car dealer. He seemed like the guy that you could argue with for days so I didn't go there with him. He refunded my credit card $1,500.00 and thats all he would give me. Even when I said give me $2,000.00 and i will leave a decent review on your website any less and I will give you a bad review. He let me know that he didn't have to do this. I did pay him in 2 payments. I am still torn if I should cancel my smaller payment about $3,500.00. probably wouldn't get it back but maybe. It would give me a good F$ck Y$u feeling and miss up some of his time. What would you guys do? I am 70% let it go 30% cancel Payment on card. Dirt bike buddies say take the money bust out welder patch frame and move on.

So I guess I bought a project car GREAT
Hi BrentH, i own an HJ45 1979 with Several abuse and a lot of fixes,here´s decision goes : Having it implicit needs money for heavy repair , or selling right now for anyone who needs a "donor" car.
Now personally i´m on heavy repair,i´ll tell you , i´ve got a frame from a donor to realizes me even newer models are easy to find for better fixes,not only welding patches , heavilly needs money for everything : dissasembly , sanblasting,donor frame, welding new pieces crossmember,suframe,rails..i´m not a expert i´m still a novice , but sure you can go ahead and work if you take "repair decision" . Regards!

Last edited:
giphy.gif

Car dealer Used Car Dealership Plano TX | Auto Source Of Texas owner Amir. I have not wanted to go this route trying not to be that guy. I was hopping Amir would work with me. He will not return my calls anymore. So here we go.

Other cars we test drove
Nissan Frontier
Toyota Tacoma
Nisan Pathfinder.

There were allot of other cars we were interested in but no manual trans offered. Me and the Wife just don’t like autos.

Yes I can repair frame and all other under carriage parts. But I don’t want to. We purchased this FJ hoping we could just do general maintenance not spend all of our time fixing problems. We just want to enjoy this FJ for future family trips not working on it.

Car dealer Used Car Dealership Plano TX | Auto Source Of Texas owner Amir. I have not wanted to go this route trying not to be that guy. I was hopping Amir would work with me. He will not return my calls anymore. So here we go.

Other cars we test drove
Nissan Frontier
Toyota Tacoma
Nisan Pathfinder.

There were allot of other cars we were interested in but no manual trans offered. Me and the Wife just don’t like autos.

Yes I can repair frame and all other under carriage parts. But I don’t want to. We purchased this FJ hoping we could just do general maintenance not spend all of our time fixing problems. We just want to enjoy this FJ for future family trips not working on it.
You´re plenty in reason to take that way, just want to enjoy, does not admit that seller type; for a FJ 2007 you must expect pristine & clean car without any estructural fixing.

I have not taken possession of title "suppose to be in the mail" Complaint has been filed with credit card company. Next step file complaint with Attorney General thanks for suggestion Joseywales. You should see our other Car Josey Honda Element manual trans. We chose the FJ cuz it looked like our Element on steroids, test driving other vehicles in our price range with manual trans we liked the FJ the best.

If you don't mind, let us know what the credit card company decides. I think they will fight for you on this, because it is technically fraud.

Update on Rusty FJ. I tried but lost the credit card company gave the money back to Amir Auto Source of Texas.

Well I ordered a Resz skid plate with the transmission plate too. Going to replace the stock rusty one. Time to bust out the welder and start addressing issues.

I hope to get a long life out of this FJ guess only time will tell.

Thanks for the help advice guys.

There is a guy parting one out on Facebook marketplace, it is a 6 speed with a rolled body... I would seriously consider that truck if I were you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom