Any local fluid film applier? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

During:
3624A7D7-0B5E-4C50-9D76-CAD6192BD302.jpeg
BE55097D-09E7-464F-9ECB-59712E088207.jpeg
D918564F-96C9-43A5-AFA1-A5037158DD34.jpeg
3AC06AEE-C25B-479D-BF48-2807B03C56FA.jpeg
67D5EF14-906A-4F1B-8187-AAC14CF370E8.jpeg

The thorough wash afterwards was a pleasant surprise.

What are they spraying on ?

They have there own coating, like fluid film but without the smell. It’s popular in Canada

They have there own coating, like fluid film but without the smell. It’s popular in Canada

Thanks

I actually found my ziebart receipt from back in 2006 this past week. It went on like what you had done, but it slowly fell off. I think the stuff they put inside the doors and jams worked, but the frame applied stuff just peeled away. Not sure if it helped or not??

I'll be curious to see how yours holds up.

I’m not familiar with ziebart. Krown doesn’t harden and will need to be touched up in future, benefit is it soaks in everywhere and doesn’t trap moisture like the rubberrized/plasticized under coating (and even POR15 can do that). Wanted to get a professional baseline and will probably touch up myself annually. I still don’t plan to drive the 60 on wet salted roads.

Zeibart is a rust promoter, in my opinion. I've seen it peal off in sheets/chunks with rotted frame underneath. I like the idea of a thin film that slowly wears off.

This would be the right stuff for me to do this in the driveway right? Can just spray away at everything underneath?

Screenshot_20190926-021300_Amazon Shopping.jpg

Zeibart is a rust promoter, in my opinion. I've seen it peal off in sheets/chunks with rotted frame underneath. I like the idea of a thin film that slowly wears off.
P.O. of my 200 was proud that he had it fully undercoated. Not sure what it is, but it is black and kind of soft. Almost gooey. Comes off on my jack stands pads.

Knowing what I know now, I am thinking I should probably try to scrape it off so it doesn't trap moisture. And maybe respray paint to cover where it scraped (or rusted!). It sounds tedious. Probably spendy IF I could find someone to do it. But also a really s***ty way to use up my domestic car maintenance passes.

If it's gooey/waxy it might be a Fluid Film type application. If you don't want to deal with it, APS Rust and Tint in Fairfax could look at it and give you an estimate. They clean the undercarriage and treat with Noxudol's line of products. I had them do just the cavity wax on mine, which seems similar to Fluid Film. I just had it done but have gone through undercarriage carwashes a few times and it seems to be holding up. If you do just cavity wax, expect to redo it every year or two.

I bought the 6can kit off amazon. Used 2 cans so far and already have most of the 200 done. Doubt I'll use more than 3
Maybe a 4th for good measure

Patrick, I used 3 cans.

I bought the 6can kit off amazon. Used 2 cans so far and already have most of the 200 done. Doubt I'll use more than 3
Maybe a 4th for good measure
Everyone is telling me that storing unused Fluid Film is a terrible thing. Sad. I'd be willing to let you spray my truck, I mean, dispose of it safely. It would be a beautiful thing. Believe me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom