Anyone try WoolWax yet? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

what were the pallet jack lift prongs like before getting the black woolwax treatment? rusted, bare metal, painted?

They were originally painted yellow but the paint was worn off and they are all rusted. That's a good point. I will have one of the guys power wash one of the prongs off to show the coverage, Thanks for the idea !

They were originally painted yellow but the paint was worn off and they are all rusted. That's a good point. I will have one of the guys power wash one of the prongs off to show the coverage, Thanks for the idea !
yes, before and after shots
rusted
then black and beads up water showing the protective coat
I'm in for my 3 of my vehicles.

New to the sight. Been using fluid film for a few years. Looking forward to giving the woolwax a try. West Michigan is right up there with the toughest places to keep a vehicle from turning to junk in the winter. Lots of salt and slush. Three years so far on the 2001 Dmax I brought up from Houston and nothing but some light surface rust on the frame. I spray the rockers in the fall also, washes off with hot water and soap in the spring.

I want to thank al of you that have been ordering Woolwax using the IH8MUD discount code. We have received a tremendous amount of Woolwax orders from this forum, and your support is greatly appreciated. Please don't hesitate to contact me if I can provide any additional information. Woolwax is available in both the Straw (clear) color and Black.

I want to thank al of you that have been ordering Woolwax using the IH8MUD discount code. We have received a tremendous amount of Woolwax orders from this forum, and your support is greatly appreciated. Please don't hesitate to contact me if I can provide any additional information. Woolwax is available in both the Straw (clear) color and Black.
What’s the smart way to get some Woolwax up here in Canada? Local LC club might all want some.

Thanks,

A.

What’s the smart way to get some Woolwax up here in Canada? Local LC club might all want some.

We are working on it. Fluid Film is doing everything possible to stop us from getting Woolwax® into Canada. reporting our labels to the government saying they are not bilingual, etc. We are working our way through the issues but it is taking some time. If you live anywhere near the border we can ship it to a UPS terminal on the USA side for pickup. Otherwise we should be shipping to Canada within a few weeks.

Last edited:
We are working on it. Fluid Film is doing everything possible to stop us from getting Woolwax® into Canada. Contesting our trademark , reporting our labels to the government saying they are not bilingual, etc. We are working our way through the issues but it is taking some time. If you live anywhere near the border we can ship it to a UPS terminal on the USA side for pickup. Otherwise we should be shipping to Canada within a few weeks.

We're an hour from the border, so that could work. Can I get a quote for the full kit to do 4 SUVs, shipped to 13669?

I as going to order a pail a few weeks back to pick up across the border, but your website doesn't seem to allow Canadian CC / billing info. So looks like a fair bit of Canuckian interest.

How much product is required to treat a big ol' rusted SUV like an 80-series Land Cruiser?
Read post #28 in this thread.
Using a pneumatic paint sprayer w/Fluid Film, I go through about 2/3 gallon per 80. That takes care of everything under the truck from tip to tail. I use the spray bottles with the extension hose to run it into the frame rails and all the other nooks and crannies in, out, and around the body.

How much product is required to treat a big ol' rusted SUV like an 80-series Land Cruiser?

I agree with the estimates from the others. Plan on using just under a gallon to do a great job. If you are using the "black" color you will use a bit more the first year. When you undercoat a vehicle in black, you are essentially painting the undercarriage. You will find yourself going over every little spot that is not pure black. The second year will just be a normal touch-up as the majority of the Woolwax will still be in place providing protection.

Hi @bob1008 Where in MA? Do you offer a service to spray the wool wax? Also how would you compare WW to Krown and NH Oil Undercoating? I’ve been using those services for the past several years.

Hi @bob1008 Where in MA? Do you offer a service to spray the wool wax? Also how would you compare WW to Krown and NH Oil Undercoating? I’ve been using those services for the past several years.

Our warehouse is in Fall River, MA. And no... we don't apply anything. Although we did install a lift for testing purposes.
There are so many undercoating products out there, and the ones that are still left in business all perform well I think. Naturally all of us have our strengths and weaknesses. I'm more familiar with Krown. They have been around for a long time and they are very popular in Canada. The product performs well but their major weakness is the very low viscosity. Krown never stops dripping. Many NH Oil undercoaters have converted to applying Woolwax for a variety of reasons. Their product also performs well....but the major issue that we hear about NHoil is the extremely strong chemical smell. Undercoaters have told us that they "feel high" and that some of their employees refuse to work with it. I'm sure we have some weaknesses at Woolwax also, but offhand I can't think of any right now. :)

Hey @RND1 if you want to come up to Maine sometime I will coat your truck for you.

I still have a couple of gallons of wool wax left.

Just bought a gallon.

Question - anyone ever tried to apply with a pump style garden sprayer? I’m guessing it won’t work, but wanted to ask. The wand would be nice for getting tough to reach places.

Awesome. Please let me know as i'd likely use a HF cheapo and toss it after as well (unless it was somehow actually cleanable).
One of the things i read about the woolwax vs fluid film was that it dripped a lot less during application.

While i'd plan on laying plastic down underneath my application area is a sloped driveway and i worry about it running down into the drains. I'm gonna have to do it laying on my back under the rig but worry about corrosion in the wet PNW :bang:.

There is way less salt on the roads here I don't worry

Just bought a gallon.

Question - anyone ever tried to apply with a pump style garden sprayer? I’m guessing it won’t work, but wanted to ask. The wand would be nice for getting tough to reach places.
It won't work. Even if you heat it up. I tried that too. You can't get it thin enough for it to spray right, if at all.

If you don't have an air compressor(you should have one, at least, I have 4 :)) you can brush or roll it on or you could try an electric paint sprayer like a Wagner that people use with latex house paint.

It won't work. Even if you heat it up. I tried that too. You can't get it thin enough for it to spray right, if at all.

If you don't have an air compressor(you should have one, at least, I have 4 :)) you can brush or roll it on or you could try an electric paint sprayer like a Wagner that people use with latex house paint.

I have a compressor and a sprayer. I just thought the wand on the hand pump would be great if it worked.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom