Keystone monthly ride August 10th. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

My rig sounds terrible. Had no idea I was making that much racket in the woods. Just ordered a new alternator, so I will try to figure out what is making all the noise when I install that. Both idlers, fan clutch, compressor and water pump are new. Hoping it is one of the alternator bearings going bad. I've been seeing voltage fluctuate when driving 11.7-13.7 amps via the scan gauge and the white truck holds very steady at 14.1-14.2

The aluminum housings on both actuators where the magnet cup sits are corroded to the point where the alignment cannot be maintained. I can futz with them on the bench and get them working, but they only work for a short while before going out again. Electrolysis is a bear...

Those videos look like they're taken at the bottom of trail 36 is that where you were?

I really couldn't tell you. I was just following the leader :hillbilly:

Well, looks like the front locker should be working for the next trip. Rockauto is closing out the front Aisin actuator for $230. One is on its way :)

Well, looks like the front locker should be working for the next trip. Rockauto is closing out the front Aisin actuator for $230. One is on its way :)
I didn't know they had them. That's a amazing price!

I just bought front and rear actuators from Rockauto a few weeks ago.

Looks like a great outing guys!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom