Albuquerque Mechanic (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Any recommendations for a shop comfortable with modified 4x4s, specifically Toyota, more specifically Land Cruisers?

I have a list of minor but aggravating issues such as drivetrain vibration, leaky pinion seal, pulsing brakes, wonky door locks....

Years of turning wrenches and swinging hammers have taken a toll on my body and I'm at a stage in my life where I'd rather abuse myself doing something else and pay someone to work on my rig. I'm also tired of laying on my back on a sheet of plywood in the dirt...

I have had good luck with ToyoMasters. They work only on Toyotas and for work on my 80 series LC that I could not do, they have helped me several times. They use Toyota parts when available. 1-505-890-8696 Albuquerque, NM.

How can you go wrong with a name like ToyoMasters?
Thanks!

Hey Juane, I feel your pain... LIterally. My son is getting ready to sell our his 1978 40 which has been sitting for a couple years. It runs okay, the drivetrain is good, but needs some body work and has the typical xfer/xmission oil leak. He has a couple of young kids :) taking up his time now. It's never broken down but could use some sprucing up prior to putting it on the market. He might be up for having someone clean it up prior to putting it on the market. I've used ToyoMasters in the past, but this is kind of different work. Any ideas there?

Hey Juane, I feel your pain... LIterally. My son is getting ready to sell our his 1978 40 which has been sitting for a couple years. It runs okay, the drivetrain is good, but needs some body work and has the typical xfer/xmission oil leak. He has a couple of young kids :) taking up his time now. It's never broken down but could use some sprucing up prior to putting it on the market. He might be up for having someone clean it up prior to putting it on the market. I've used ToyoMasters in the past, but this is kind of different work. Any ideas there?
He'll probably spend more 'sprucing it up' than he will get in additional sales revenue.

Steve,
Aren't 40s a hot commodity?
He could sell it as is...
What's he asking?

He's still researching it - but yes, the vehicle to take from LA to New York after a nuclear war is the 40... Jeeps are just for fun, but Landcruisers are the ultimate utility vehicle. Of course, you could take a Land Rover across Africa. If you have helicopter support...

I thought Salida had some hot shot mechanic dude or some such thing?

We do have a bored retiree who is a 40 guru and has taken a vow of celibacy.......:rofl:

I'm back in the Lands of Enchantment.
El Rito!

Did you neglect to inform HDC and why haven't you and the missus showed up for our monthly breakfast? Hmmmmm? :hmm:

Did you neglect to inform HDC and why haven't you and the missus showed up for our monthly breakfast? Hmmmmm? :hmm:
Good Question!
I am looking forward to an HDC run.
Are there still official officers, TLCA affiliation, dues and all that?

Good Question!
I am looking forward to an HDC run.
Are there still official officers, TLCA affiliation, dues and all that?

You get charged extra fees...... :hmm:

Any recommendations for a shop comfortable with modified 4x4s, specifically Toyota, more specifically Land Cruisers?

I have a list of minor but aggravating issues such as drivetrain vibration, leaky pinion seal, pulsing brakes, wonky door locks....

Years of turning wrenches and swinging hammers have taken a toll on my body and I'm at a stage in my life where I'd rather abuse myself doing something else and pay someone to work on my rig. I'm also tired of laying on my back on a sheet of plywood in the dirt...

Truth.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom