Events/Trails Northern AZ CSC meetings (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
NAZ CSC meetings are now at 6pm the 3rd Friday of every month at Kelly Saad's shop in Flagstaff .

2022 dates:

7/15
8/19
9/16
10/21
11/18
12/16

Most of us in Northern AZ never make it to monthly meetings in Phoenix, so I'm wondering how many of you would attend a monthly meeting in Sedona/Flagstaff? I'm tired of missing out on the fun, so I'd like to see if we can start getting a group going up here.

After consulting with some CSC veterans, I'm changing the regular meeting time to 9:30 AM on the last Saturday morning every month. We're going to vary the meeting place and we'll include a "mini-run" in every meeting.

Here are the next few meeting dates/times in 2020 (9:30 AM start time unless otherwise updated):

3/28 - Meet at Two Trees Observing Area
4/25 - TBD
5/30 - TBD
6/27 - TBD
7/25 - TBD
8/29 - TBD
9/26 - TBD

I'm up for trying the last Friday of every month to see how it goes. My church has given the OK to use the parking lot / grounds for our meetings. The first few meetings would be at 6:30 PM as follows:

8/30
9/27
10/25
11/29
12/27

We'll follow the same format used for the Phoenix meetings.

Who's in?

St. Luke's Church - Sedona

2700 AZ-179, Sedona, AZ 86336

Last edited:
that would be good for summer months but not winter months maybe a bit of both? If I have the time I'd be down.

Yup, we're in! Very interested - both myself (TheDesertRat with my 80) and my wife (Kruiser Kat with her 100). We are here in Dewey-Humboldt and never seem to make the current meetings in the valley.

I live in Gilbert. During the summer months I could see coming up to the meeting, spend the night, and wheel the next day!

Just to be clear, this is not meant to be a substitute for the Phoenix meetings, those will go on as planned on the 3rd Friday of every month. This is a new addition for anyone who wants to attend meetings a little further north.

I recommend we just meet at the church (in the parking lot - not inside) and gather our vehicles around for the first meeting. Then as a group decide how we wish to proceed location wise and other logistics during the initial meeting.

I recommend we just meet at the church (in the parking lot - not inside) and gather our vehicles around for the first meeting.

That was the plan, not "in" the church, just in the lot. We can discuss future plans from there.

that would be good for summer months but not winter months maybe a bit of both? If I have the time I'd be down.

Personally think summer months are too hot and too busy around Sedona. Weather in Flagstaff in that summer months are better. Sedona would require too much Fores Service roads and two lane highway at night. Most the trip for me would be in elk country. Can't find a distance via Stoneman Lake Rd. Via Camp Verde or Flagstaff are both close to a two hour drive each way. If worked out to a over night camping somewhere along the rim would be interested.

If someone in Flagstaff wants to lead the charge, have at it! :)

Summer is probably the slowest time of year up here lately and the temps are great as soon as the sun goes down, but it is definitely hotter than Flag.

I would definitely check it out. What's the church?

I will say, nice job trying to put this together and using your resources to locate a meeting location. I’m there, and the church sounds just fine. If it gets too hot during some of the summer months, then I can help find somewhere in Flagstaff till is cools off.

I'd try to make the meetings!

Great job @Clunky!

Seems like a good idea but not out of work in Phoenix till like 6pm so anything earlier than 8pm would be out for me. I am typically in Prescott Valley most weekends.

I'm definitely in, thanks for suggesting @Clunky . Out of town the last weekend of August, but should be around the other dates. Happy to help organize as well, we're just off of 89A and Dry Creek.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom