New to me Yota (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Total impulse buy for us but we couldn't resist, it was too nice. We will find things to do with it.
1978 Toyota Chinook Omega with 53k miles. 20R with a 4 speed. It is actually fun to drive as long as you aren't in a hurry which seems to be more and more my flavor lately. Stored inside, seller happens to be a Toyota guy that is building up a Tacoma for camping at his mountain bike events, he owns a bike shop.
Look at that exhaust on the drivers side, I may have to disable a cylinder because of the added power! It actually sounds pretty good.
1978.jpg
1978 Chinook front.jpg
1978 Chinook rear.jpg

1978 Chinook.jpg

The inside is awesome! Great find!!!!

The inside is awesome! Great find!!!!

My wife's mission is to reupholster it back to some 70's vintage plaid.
Even has a backup camera that works and on the fly adjustable air bag suspension in the rear.

Love it, Walter.
Cannot wait to get you naked in the back.of that thing!!

Nice find Tom!

That thing needs a lift and 33s immediately.

Love the big windows to watch you and tony naked in that thing.

Very cool! That better make it out on some trips

There was a recall on some of the duallys with campers up to 86. Wheel bearings or some such. Be worth seeing if yours got the upgrade. 6 lug full-floaters are what you want to see. I can’t tell from the pic.
Its not a dually or the 6 lug, this is the baby, I think the smallest one they made.

Its not a dually or the 6 lug, this is the baby, I think the smallest one they made.
Definitely a rare one. Ive seen tons of the larger ones but never one like yours.

That thing is beautiful.

I have noting to make fun of you about for once :(

You disappoint me for once.

I'll try harder......
Ahem. ... What do think your gonna do with that thing being seven feet tall? You gonna fold up like a ****ing cricket to drive it?

I'll try harder......
Ahem. ... What do think your gonna do with that thing being seven feet tall? You gonna fold up like a f***ing cricket to drive it?
It’s actually pretty comfortable, otherwise I wouldn’t have bought it. Definitely more driver space than my 40 or the 60 I just sold.

That's awesome!!! I want!

The exhaust sticking out of the white body is the 1978 o2 sensor. If the body is black you a sufficiently rich.

when I got the mini from Tom I remembered back to my 1995 pickup and how much room those mini trucks have in them. Seems they were designed for the rest fo the world. Then you take the 80 series which I think was pretty much focused on smaller Japanese people.

Bar stool seating position of cruisers sucks imho. I'm trying to get used to it...

Newbie here stumbled on this thread while researching my '78 Toyota Chinook omega. You got yourself a nice one and you were smart to grab it. They are quite rare. My best upgrade was a Holley carburator. My hope is to convert to 5-speed transmission some day.

Are your windows glass or plexiglass? Do you know if they are original, or did the previous owner buy new ones? If so, what brand are they?

enjoy!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom