SOLD Greenville, SC. Rare 1978 FJ55/56 for sale (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Taking reasonable offers on this 1978 FJ55/56 was a barn find here is South Carolina. It has original Nipon Denso A/C that will need some work, the compressor clutch and pump spin freely but will need rebuild I am guessing. I put a carb on it and it fired right up and runs good. I have the gas tank at a shop being boiled right now so it will be clean when put back. I am in the process of doing a body swap with an ambulance door body FJ56 that is in excellent condition. The frame is extremely solid and I have treated the entire frame with Eastwood Encapsulator while the body was off. I figured I would put the word out now to see who may be interested just in case someone wanted to buy it to repaint it while its apart or I will just continue on and sell it after I get it back on the road. Only PM me if you are a serious buyer. I also only check my mud account every few days so please be patient if I don't respond right away.

IMG_4891.jpg

IMG_4892.jpg

IMG_4893.jpg

IMG_4894.jpg

IMG_4895.jpg

Last edited:
Wow, unobtanium in the flesh...

What's the price?

Forgive my ignorance, what do you think it would need to get it road ready on my end. I’ve been looking for one like this. Just want to get An idea where I’d be starting with it. I’m fine with paining. It’s drive train I am confused on what is needed. Do you have a lot of the cosmetic parts ,interior etc?
Preferred payment method?
thank you
Shawn

Forgive my ignorance, what do you think it would need to get it road ready on my end. I’ve been looking for one like this. Just want to get An idea where I’d be starting with it. I’m fine with paining. It’s drive train I am confused on what is needed. Do you have a lot of the cosmetic parts ,interior etc?
Preferred payment method?
thank you
Shawn
Couple days of bolting stuff back together is all it really needs to be driven. To be road worthy it needs rear brakes on passenger side and brakes bled. New set of tires wouldn’t hurt also the ones on it are from the 90’s I think. Mechanically it’s really solid and it has all new fluids.

Tried to PM but your mailbox is full.
Please send me details on your FJ. Any rust issues? How is interior, dash? Mechanical issues other than the AC. I’m in south Florida and have a RHD FJ80 with factory 5 speed. . Any good pictures, you can email me: markjohnson75@hotmail.com or text at 305-439-2445
thanks!

These are sold. buyer beware on doing any business with @aquatech3 / Steve Eby.

The man is literally a thief. Deposits mean nothing to him, he’ll just keep them. He refused to refund what I sent him prior to COVID, and sold the truck anyway.
Yes I did sell the truck today at a bit lower price than what you committed to pay me. During the last year I have had three solid offers that I could have excepted but turned them down because you said you were coming to pick up the truck so I did my part. The purpose of a deposit is a commitment from the buyer to guarantee the seller he is going to follow through with the deal and if the buyer does not the deposit is forfeit that’s how they work. You strung the deal along for 10 months which cost me a more profitable deal than what I sold the truck for today.
Since you decided to call me a thief on a public forum I have attached documents showing your commitment and your bail out.

6E8F061B-8B7D-41C6-B79F-C3566765B200.png

198D24FC-AB0A-4D00-A3F2-265B37ED12D4.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom