Headlight conversion 7” round (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

The headlights work great, anyone who buys them I'd suggest you save your money and just buy a $150 H1: Morimoto Elite system with XB bulbs and XB Ballasts. The $60 Amazon set is not great, one weak bulb replaced with another weak bulb. I'm buying a 50W Morimoto Elite system next week.
Your setup looks really nice.... I don't know much about the projector in the Drapper but I would not run a 50w setup in that projector. TRS doesn't even recommending running the 50w in a Mini H1 projector.. as they have seen the inside of the bowl get fried from the heat. The 50w will also knock a 5500k bulb back to a 4500K color. Stay with the 35w and run a 5500k bulb. You'll have plenty of light.

Your setup looks really nice.... I don't know much about the projector in the Drapper but I would not run a 50w setup in that projector. TRS doesn't even recommending running the 50w in a Mini H1 projector.. as they have seen the inside of the bowl get fried from the heat. The 50w will also knock a 5500k bulb back to a 4500K color. Stay with the 35w and run a 5500k bulb. You'll have plenty of light.
Thank you and thanks for the info. I'm starting to do some research on the bulbs/ballasts and am finding the same info. You're spot on with the 35w bulb and 50w ballast color change.

I'm leaning towards Denso Ballasts which only come in 35w but I need some high quality 5500k H1 bulbs. Lots of Chinese bulbs on the market and its hard to find a quality H1 bulb. I'm not sure if the TRS H1 bulbs are the best option out there.

I know the Amazon bulbs I have now are a solid OK but one is still much dimmer than the other and that's the one the company just replaced so I am moving to the next plan.

Thank you and thanks for the info. I'm starting to do some research on the bulbs/ballasts and am finding the same info. You're spot on with the 35w bulb and 50w ballast color change.

I'm leaning towards Denso Ballasts which only come in 35w but I need some high quality 5500k H1 bulbs. Lots of Chinese bulbs on the market and its hard to find a quality H1 bulb. I'm not sure if the TRS H1 bulbs are the best option out there.

I know the Amazon bulbs I have now are a solid OK but one is still much dimmer than the other and that's the one the company just replaced so I am moving to the next plan.
I've had great luck with TRS bulbs.... ran the same bulbs for five years and they are still good

If anyone is looking for lights this is a pretty good review of some options

That is the best review of high quality lights that I have found. Those guys do great review videos.

80 headlights and grille. More boring bare metal pics from my driveway. :p

C4DFBE1A-DD20-4B8C-A103-262C7B967DE9.jpeg

31E5AB72-5C1D-4C38-A365-4AFB09A9D424.jpeg

The more i see the straight edges between the grille and lights the more I wish I had gotten them. I still think the look is awesome!
I know! I did try to talk you into it though;) if you decide to change it, I will do it at a discount.

Installed a set of JDM 200 series horns straight from Japan for $70 plus shipping. These are beautiful, finished in charcoal metallic high gloss body paint. They don't fit in the OEM location but DO fit perfectly on either side of my condenser next to the headlights. It's like they were made to work with this grill and sound amazing. I used a 5/16" nut to space them away from the radiator support and used longer 6mm bolts. I just used a standard female spade connector to attach the wire to the horn. They not only work with the factory horn relay, but since my 4x GM horns are still connected, all 6x horns work fine with the OEM relay and like my grill setup, it sounds very unique!!

20190721_115748.jpg

20190721_115739.jpg

20190721_115735.jpg

20190721_115942.jpg

Thanks @aktundra ! When I installed my morimoto sealed7s they stuck on high and the switch did nothing. Wiring in a relay and using the wire pair from the high beams as the switching pair and low beams in the NC position, high beam in the NO position everything works fine.

20190725_145002.jpg

20190725_161248.jpg

Now I need to find someone to buy my old depos.

20190725_161258.jpg

New design based on the 60 series look. Changed the seam between headlights and grille, made it more vertical. Added trim to the headlight housings and using round holes instead of the rectangle openings. Might look cool?
58SL-1. frontpanel 80slots (60 looks like)1piece early For COMBO.jpg

New design based on the 60 series look. Changed the seam between headlights and grille, made it more vertical. Added trim to the headlight housings and using round holes instead of the rectangle openings. Might look cool?View attachment 2044788

This is definitely on my list of cool-stuff-I'd-like-to-do. Headlights are a big issue with me, and the stockers suck. I think this round hole style looks great. Would the stock chrome Toyota badge fit over the script in the center? Just thinking about a little bling.

This is definitely on my list of cool-stuff-I'd-like-to-do. Headlights are a big issue with me, and the stockers suck. I think this round hole style looks great. Would the stock chrome Toyota badge fit over the script in the center? Just thinking about a little bling.
I can make it to fit most emblems.

Reactions: KTP

I spent a bunch of time & money of the depos with great results...had this been a option it would've been a chunk of change but I'd have some extra time left over.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom