For Sale 1983 Toyota Landcruiser FJ-40 Better than Showroom Condition Unmolested 3 owner. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1983 Toyota Landcruiser FJ-40 Really a trailer queen for the last 10 years or so I have low miles 74,000 no rips or wear in seats I replaced all panels in the rear did not need it but decided to do so did it right many years ago now.The appraisal guy commented its in better shape than new which I agreed on but spend hundred of hours my self & hired journey body guy to install the new panels which were welded in.This is the cleanest cruiser I ever seen or owned I broke 2 bolts dismantling the entire truck for the refab. The seats the rear mat everything still appears new.Its always been parked inside.The resto is 10 years old.New old man emu lift & new mud terrain tires.This is a mint cruiser located in Alberta Canada 86,500.00 USD firm.You will not be disappointed on any work preformed on this Toy.I have all the doors & roof even the keys for both different doors (rear & front)

2015-06-03 17.54.34 (1).jpg

2015-06-03 18.06.32.jpg

2015-06-03 18.12.58.jpg

2015-06-03 18.06.01.jpg

2015-06-03 18.12.33.jpg

I'm not sure what I would expect for 86k but it's not this. You could probably frame off 2 cruisers to perfect condition starting from almost nothing for that kind of money.

Maybe the 83 is that rare but I'd rather have any random year perfect cruiser and 40k in the bank.

Yes but .... :doh:

this one is better then new :smokin:

I’m not gonna lie, I’m liking the non-traditional color scheme.
It wasn’t mentioned above but I see from the pics that it has factory power steering and air conditioning. Are they operable? I’m not sure how much thats worth but those are some nice to have options.
However, I’m sure those relays zip tied to the AC line and that non-factory electrical box on the firewall aren’t adding any value. Seeing how all the other original bits are under the hood, they look out of place.
Post up some more pictures. I’d like to see them.

Well he’s been on mud since 2012 but doesn’t post much. Here is the thread that the below post is from. It sheds a little more light on this cruiser. Aparently its from Tennessee and it took 3200 hours with only two bolts broke to restore.

Nice work been there myself.Found a 83 with 68000 miles mint out in tennesee met a shop online was to fix a couple of spots were I know they rust.Was to be 2000.00 turned out to be 15,000 plus stoled my 5 new MT tires & rims got it shipped to Canada.Had to totally dismantle & strip it as he painted everything.
Spent 3200 hours now its great.What a huge job.Took every nut & bolt out & only 2 broke which were under the running board step.I had 2 year old cruiser prior up here in Alberta & bolts always broke on that one.You are doing so great but can't believe you fixed the frame.That the worst I've every seem.I went the off white & like it.Them was the stock colour so didn't want to paint the interior.I really like the green & red myself.You are a man on a mission keep the pics coming as I really enjoy your posts & pictures.

Last edited:
It just seems in the last 5 years people are asking way too much for them. Now we have boat loads coming in from South America which E Bay is flooded with . If you are new to land cruisers ask a mud member before you purchase one. There are still cruisers sitting in garages and side yards so don't buy one thinking its the last one because it ain't.

The showrooms at Canadian Toyota dealers must be pretty rough places if this is better than showroom. 🤣

We all have the right to be picky...at the asking price. And without getting into the disaster in the engine bay:

View attachment 2018820

View attachment 2018821

View attachment 2018822
True, most of the bits are there except for the correct rear seat belts and rear corner reflectors. Even the center console ash tray is there.

The bezel, bumper & wheel colors are relatively easy to fix as are the lower corner reflectors. The interior fuel filler cover is body color matched on the late model ones. At least most of the ones I’ve see have been, including my ‘79.

However, at that asking price, one would expect all these to have been correctly addressed.

subscribed!

86k with a water bottle as a radiator overflow. That's hilarious! why do these guys even try this crap here?

John Stewart Popcorn.gif

Late to the party.

Haters gonna hate
He knows what he has
True Survivor
Doesn't need help selling it

What else?

subscribed!

86k with a water bottle as a radiator overflow. That's hilarious! why do these guys even try this crap here?

View attachment 2020000
That’s the overflows overflow. I thought the cap with the overflow tube hanging off like that was only on the ‘79-‘80 model. I’ve seen ‘81 & ‘82’s with just the cap with a tube to the radiator only. The replacement bottle I bought from @Racer65 was that way.
Come to think of it, maybe it was a factory Denso AC thing and not year specific.

the radiator overflow also has a secondary overflow bottle.........that tends to make me think it overheats

the interior fuel cover is suppose to be body colored, so thats OK

what I really don't like are all the stainless bolts, they should almost all(but window hinge) be body colored

hood and window hold downs are black, should be bright

did the 2f come with 5 speed in canada or just the 4 speed? I know the 42's had the h55f

Your right the body shop was so mad at changing out the rear panels as had no rust but i brought the pieces before the truck arrived.The job he did on the inner fenders was not good.Why he didn't drill the welds off still blows me away.why he even pieced it together is a real shame
well fast forward 2022 it still looks perfect no rust coming threw anywhere.Yes was a US model I brought into Canada
I was just used to all the others I had and the inner fenders were bad as well the rust would start from the mud kicking up into the rear panels was waste of money for sure.
I really do not care if you think i asking too much go find another in same condition as frame is mint I could sure take photos if interested.
No damage to anything even real factory a/c I just trying to figure out where to fill as found some old R12 and the system still has pressure but the condenser doesn't kick in.I thought was vintage air but nope.Hard to find which of the 2 fittings which one right I have to find out before I try.
Sorry you all do not like it but I do and during the work being done tons of pictures were taken but my dear wife said we received them we did not.
Really a shame but thats life cannot do anything about it now.
I guess the two appraisals I had done must be wrong as both value over 100,000.00 and comments were belongs in a museum. the 1st guy does military vehicles mostly but guess both know nothing.I guess I should have ask you all Lol
My buddy bought a 10 grand cruiser I hate to say whats left.No front drive shaft either I wonder way as he got one and well waste of more money.
The only reason i thought had rust was the guy selling for a collector was a scammer and screwed me but again thats life 15,000 for nothing.
I done no work except oil changes but this unit does not go off road besides I too old and my body in tough shape hard enough driving a short wheel base vehicle
Why I even bother with the a/c is also dumb as only had the roof and doors on once and took them off not a daily driver by any means
So I over paid but still looks perfect & I love it.
I drove these for years since I was 16 only stopped because couldn't get more new.
We also drive a fjcruiser and enjoy it.
So to the guys who say so over priced well I say you just cannot afford it really as I still happy I brought it got beat out of 15,000 grand by the seller listing friend.
I brought many vehicles sight unseen
so 1st time getting ripped so thats the way it goes.
I guess your all happier with your new vehicles and most pickups are over 100,000.00 and clip together sorry I not into them I take a cruiser any day.
My diesel rusted so bad but runs great but I certainly not fixing that body ever.

the radiator overflow also has a secondary overflow bottle.........that tends to make me think it overheats

the interior fuel cover is suppose to be body colored, so thats OK

what I really don't like are all the stainless bolts, they should almost all(but window hinge) be body colored

hood and window hold downs are black, should be bright

did the 2f come with 5 speed in canada or just the 4 speed? I know the 42's had the h55f
Nope just didn't want coolant all over so I had a water bottle with me did the job still is in fact.Does not over heat never has just changed out all fluids and did not want antifreeze on my floor for my dogs to lap up its poison

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom