Builds 1978 FJ40 Mustard Yellow - almost perfect thread. (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

You could drive a Troopy cross country in relative comfort. If you tried that in a 40 you'd need a chiropractor and an audiologist.
You guys are over thinking this. After the first hour or so you'll have no feelings below your chin.
It's like the pain just fades away.

You could drive a Troopy cross country in relative comfort. If you tried that in a 40 you'd need a chiropractor and an audiologist.

Furthest I drove my 40 was about 500 miles. It was a 67 on 37's, fuel injected 350, sm465. It was an adventure to say the least. Earplugs helped, but not enough lol.

Any updates John?
Looking forward to those pics!!

Hope all is well...

0951DAB3-335C-480F-9621-6216BB476E97.jpeg
B46BD304-4189-4139-AEA1-8EB59392A1EB.jpeg
B0EFE40C-EFE9-4983-A30A-349A3F524BC9.jpeg

Made it back to Portland a little bit ago and she is going on the transport truck in about 30 minutes. Not a lot of photos from Mt Hood. I mainly did some hiking and relaxed a bit at the hotel. No issues whatsoever!

Those are some sweet pics!

I am so glad everything went well. That's probably the most miles she has seen in that time span in 30 years. (not joking)

:cheers:

Glad it went to another good home!

I was initially disappointed you were slightly in line ahead of me, but have 0 regrets with the amount of satisfaction the 40 is getting from a good excercise.

You also seem to like the truck!

I made it home this morning and the 40 is on a trailer en route. Thanks to @thecrazygreek for maintain such a cool 40 series. And thanks to @umpqua for driving me down to pick up the 40 and for showing me around on my last evening in Portland. It doesn’t hurt that he has an incredible collection of Land Cruiser’s.

I've been doing some research on Mud but cannot seem to come up with the right brackets to install the OEM air cleaner on the Holly Sniper setup. Anyone happen to have some part numbers ready? I searched through some threads but wasn't able to come up with anything definitive.

Check this link out John.

It's spendy but real nice....

Looking good btw!

Ok ........isn’t anyone else curious about the two smooth sports cars in front of the 40? I know this is 40 series tech and a pristine mustard Landcruiser steels the show but come on. At least include another more complete photo of those two jewels.

Ok ........isn’t anyone else curious about the two smooth sports cars in front of the 40? I know this is 40 series tech and a pristine mustard Landcruiser steels the show but come on. At least include another more complete photo of those two jewels.
@70fj40 fair enough. I was trying to keep it specific to the 40's. I also dabble in Porsche's when I am cheating on the Land Cruiser's. The silver one is my favorite by far. It's a 2015 Turbo S. It had pretty much every available option and will definitely keep a smile on your face. The blue 2017 belonged to my ex. She built it to her taste. It's a nice car but no Turbo S - although it does have some nice interior features with the 2017 update. I have a 2020 992 Carrera S arriving mid-October that will replace the blue one.

%xHtZs5cSRGHuUw3J29m+g.jpg
a1xoA+71T7qnFGhQx2o4ig.jpg

You know I would have probably traded you for the blue one.

Just sayin'... :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom