New 1985 pickup (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I used to have a 1983 Toyota pickup and was force to sell after engine went out, kick my self now, but we just found an 85 for $1400 but it's going to need some tlc, dont even know if it will start.
IMG_20190629_082728_728.jpg

I used to have a 1983 Toyota pickup and was force to sell after engine went out, kick my self now, but we just found an 85 for $1400 but it's going to need some tlc, dont even know if it will start.View attachment 2035854
For that price it doesn’t matter. Especially if it’s a ca truck. Good find

I'd love to be able to find a truck in that shape around here!

It looks solid. Much rust? Miles? How does it run? Got a plan yet?

Tires look mint! That looks like a good starting point for the money.

Welcome to ‘Mud!

Nice find! Where I'm from the axles alone are worth what you got the truck for!

Look forward to seeing what you do with it. Does it have the 22R or the 22RE?

Will need help with gear ratio, I guess someone change them and I dont know much about that.

Do you know what they changed them to? Stock should've been 4.11.

Yeah that's interesting. Seems that the gears have been swapped out to 4.56's from 4.11.s. I can't imagine why someone would want to do that it's a tooth difference practically and not a big enough difference to swap 3rd members.

I'd say nothing for the time being. That should be fine for now. Are you planning on running bigger tires? What are on it now - 33s?

Really the big thing is to get it running and see how it drives. If you're running bigger tires and it seems like its really struggling to accelerate you may want to consider getting some 4.88s. Do that AFTER you've done everything you can to make sure the engine is in good shape (compression check, carb rebuild, tune up, etc etc)

That is a very nice find, just get everything base line for now and do the mods later. Even if it's not the 22RE it's still a good engine just less HP.

I'd say nothing for the time being. That should be fine for now. Are you planning on running bigger tires? What are on it now - 33s?

Really the big thing is to get it running and see how it drives. If you're running bigger tires and it seems like its really struggling to accelerate you may want to consider getting some 4.88s. Do that AFTER you've done everything you can to make sure the engine is in good shape (compression check, carb rebuild, tune up, etc etc)
Yeah, I got 33s right now!

If you don't mind sharing where did you find that gem?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom