chassis/frame dimensions fj40 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
i just pulled the body off the frame of my 40. i noticed that the frame was slightly bent up.does any one have the original dimensions of the frame or can anyone direct me to a site where i can find a layout/bluprint?i believe i saw a site before just cant remember where. :-/tnx

Looking for dimensions from mid tub bridge mounts to rear crossmember body mounts. Can anyone get me these?

Does anyone know where this diagram came from. The bottom is cut off, specifically the rear crossmember which is where Im needing help!
framechart.jpg

fsm has all the dimensions i think you can get them on this site ?

I have a BJ41 and the measurements of the diagram in post 3 match the front frame width of my cruiser. Not the diagram from the FSM. I thinking the Cruiser sightly changed in 1980. I'm running 70 series axles and I had to move the long side front perch inboard to keep the shackles vertical. Seems that Toyota straight axles after the 80's track a little to the right. If my measurements were the same as what I find on mud and vintage off road ( I think they pulled them from tlc faq here) my shackles would have toed in instead of out. If you need me to measure mine to compare to the true parts of your frame let me know. good luck

Does anyone have a full page of the image in post 3? It missing rear portion of the frame.
I did looked at FAQ and Google it, but couldn't find full frame cross dimension image.

Rear is 2' 3 1/8" center to center. 1 5/8" center to back of cross member.

The 79-84 cross member is quite a bit thicker than early models, which provides for more meat for the mount holes. I just drilled out the cups from my spare 80 cross member. I then placed them in my factory 77 rear crossmember.

I have more measurements that i will document in my thread.

Those diagrams were extremely helpful for all of my fabbed mounts.
image-2017278266.jpg

Up to 78. Then a change for 79 - 84. You can put a '76 tub on a '64 frame. The tube crossmember behind the transfer case is different on 3 and 4 speed versions.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom