Yet another skottel (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

workingdog

GOLD Star
Threads
So, I posted on making own skottel a bit ago because I refused to pay $300 for the fancy overlanding one. And then I found all this, which I wish I had found earlier.

Really nice nice how power burner, the same one I used in my skottel.

Eastman Outdoors Portable Kahuna Burner with XL Pot and Wok Brackets with Adjustable and Removable Legs.
Tried to paste the amazon link, but it turned it into a media link that didn't work.

And that led me to these discs turned into cooking vessels. Really nice, out outrageously priced.

Southwest Disk 22" Discada - Trinity Oval Handle Design
Again, could not post Amazon link

And makes a great cooking system - which we can use the disc or a pot or a cast iron pan.

So, I posted on making own skottel a bit ago because I refused to pay $300 for the fancy overlanding one. And then I found all this, which I wish I had found earlier.

Really nice nice how power burner, the same one I used in my skottel.

Eastman Outdoors Portable Kahuna Burner with XL Pot and Wok Brackets with Adjustable and Removable Legs.
Tried to paste the amazon link, but it turned it into a media link that didn't work.

And that led me to these discs turned into cooking vessels. Really nice, out outrageously priced.

Southwest Disk 22" Discada - Trinity Oval Handle Design
Again, could not post Amazon link

And makes a great cooking system - which we can use the disc or a pot or a cast iron pan.

View attachment 2030358

View attachment 2030359

View attachment 2030360

I’ve got the same burner paired with a 24” from SW disc. Ordered an 18” Madrid last week and it’s also a great piece of equipment.

A880BA46-0A19-4F74-8CC8-294167DF2E12.jpeg

Now you're talking. That looks awesome. Many years of happy camp cooking ahead!

So, I'm having a problem with soot and and the food turning black while I'm cooking it. Am I just getting it too hot?

Soot means your flame is too rich - it looks like it's adjustable at the burner.

Food burning just means it's too hot.

How does the open burner do in a wind?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom