Builds DINGO- 60FZJ-UTE LS3 EROD (PROVEN CA SMOG) (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

54 Gal !!
😮 Dang !!!!!
Whoa.
324# of fuel...

YEP!!!!!!!!!! I'll leave this here.. 🤣

J
IMG_20190711_114133057.jpg
IMG_20190711_114137839.jpg

I don’t know if it is by state or everywhere but I’m back to the point of having to swipe my CC twice when filling up my POS Ford with its dual tanks. $75 limit on fuel purchase. Drives me nuts.

There is a $110 fill up everywhere but California, you should hit $150 easy there.

You are going to need those airbags with that fuel weight and the back cap.

I definitely noticed mine (LRA tank) and a loaded rear cargo area, RTT and my heavy springs sagged a little.

There is a $110 fill up everywhere but California, you should hit $150 easy there.

You are going to need those airbags with that fuel weight and the back cap.

I definitely noticed mine (LRA tank) and a loaded rear cargo area, RTT and my heavy springs sagged a little.

The complete bed and canopy only weighs 127# more than the original back cut of the 60. Only time I should ever need the bags is when I'm fully loaded with an additional 300# or more of gear on top of the full fuel and daily gear weights. This will happen 5-6 times a year only.

My coil rate to ride height calcs are good for approx 1500# of constant load with these custom coils. The fuel weight has already been added and designed into the suspension.

A few pages back shows pics of the load up on the back end with the total "daily" weighted load. I was still at a 3/4" rake and no additional front end weight was added, like all front fenders, hood, dual batteries, winch, front bumper, etc... I'm hoping for a 1" rake on a daily basis with box and gear. Flat bed only... A little stinkbug...

Unleaded is 3.79 a gallon here so this tank will be just over 200.00 a fill up here. Never had an issue at the pump here. I filled up my 100 yesterday, 89.32.

The complete bed and canopy only weighs 127# more than the original back cut of the 60. Only time I should ever need the bags is when I'm fully loaded with an additional 300# or more of gear on top of the full fuel and daily gear weights. This will happen 5-6 times a year only.

My coil rate to ride height calcs are good for approx 1500# of constant load with these custom coils. The fuel weight has already been added and designed into the suspension.

A few pages back shows pics of the load up on the back end with the total "daily" weighted load. I was still at a 3/4" rake and no additional front end weight was added, like all front fenders, hood, dual batteries, winch, front bumper, etc... I'm hoping for a 1" rake on a daily basis with box and gear. Flat bed only... A little stinkbug...

Unleaded is 3.79 a gallon here so this tank will be just over 200.00 a fill up here. Never had an issue at the pump here. I filled up my 100 yesterday, 89.32.
Constant load springs the way to go.

Constant load springs the way to go.

These are a tapered pigtail wire. Start at 14mm and grow to 21mm. From start to finish the spring never stops increasing in size. Therefore it is continuously adapting to the load and terrain at the same time. Unlike a constant linear coil that must have a specific amount of weight for it to function and ride properly. Most heavy coils jar your teeth when light loaded or ride decent with proper weight.

I designed these coils for the 100 rear a few years back with King Spring in Australia. I wanted heavy rigs to ride and handle like a stock suspension regardless of being loaded and unloaded. Here is my old 100 with over 1300# in the rear. It rode like a Cadillac on/off road. The 100 and 200 guys love this coil and I have a several million miles tallied up over a few hundred sets of these coils. My front is the same type of coil.

They are much longer than a traditional coil and therefore become a "long travel" coil and most of the time have a longer travel than the shock matched to them. The shock is always the limiting factor but for these the coils won't drop from the buckets like some other designs during full articulation with proper or extended shock lengths.

IMG_20170805_115458936.jpg

Rear TourFlex.jpg

3" ?? mfg vs my 3" TourFlex coil

IMG_20180222_110251_645.jpg

My 2 hours on the body this morning.

I LOVE PULSE WELDING... .035" wire and full penetration on 16/18 gauge

J

Outside corner
View attachment 2023023

Inside corners
View attachment 2023024

Overhead gutter is finished...

View attachment 2023025

Welds ground and a little bit of dolly and smoothing work with the hammers and it'll be ready for filler and primer.

View attachment 2023026View attachment 2023027
Agree on the pulse. Are you using on the 1/2 and 1/4 pl
Ron, good to hear from you my friend. Hope all is well and a 55 Canopy/UTE would be the OINK!
You just totally put that in my head a 55 with a box. 🤔

These are a tapered pigtail wire. Start at 14mm and grow to 21mm. From start to finish the spring never stops increasing in size. Therefore it is continuously adapting to the load and terrain at the same time. Unlike a constant linear coil that must have a specific amount of weight for it to function and ride properly. Most heavy coils jar your teeth when light loaded or ride decent with proper weight.

I designed these coils for the 100 rear a few years back with King Spring in Australia. I wanted heavy rigs to ride and handle like a stock suspension regardless of being loaded and unloaded. Here is my old 100 with over 1300# in the rear. It rode like a Cadillac on/off road. The 100 and 200 guys love this coil and I have a several million miles tallied up over a few hundred sets of these coils. My front is the same type of coil.

They are much longer than a traditional coil and therefore become a "long travel" coil and most of the time have a longer travel than the shock matched to them. The shock is always the limiting factor but for these the coils won't drop from the buckets like some other designs during full articulation with proper or extended shock lengths.

View attachment 2027469

View attachment 2027470

3" ?? mfg vs my 3" TourFlex coil

View attachment 2027471
Tourflex and don’t look back.....it’s been great for me.

Also today I accepted a project that will pull me away from cruisers for a bit...

2019 Ram 2500 Power Wagon. Custom bed and canopy, bumpers, sliders, skid plates, winches, lift and racks. Customer is waiting for the truck to be delivered. Estimated arrival 7 weeks.

@mryanangel yeah.... I took the gig!

Scope of work will basically be a version of this.

Jason

truck-campers-2018-overland-expo-92.JPG

Also today I accepted a project that will pull me a bit away from cruisers for a bit...

2019 Ram 2500 Power Wagon. Custom bed and canopy, bumpers, sliders, skid plates, winches, lift and racks. Customer is waiting for the truck to be delivered. Estimated arrival 7 weeks.

@mryanangel yeah.... I took the gig!

Scope of work will basically be a version of this.

Jason

View attachment 2032876

View attachment 2032877
I had a feeling you might...make sure you post details, we want to see them. This setup would be perfect for the family that has a ton of weight to haul on their camping adventures...boats, side x sides etc. Pair you build up with some Carli or Don Thuren suspension and you have a seriously capable rig.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom