200 series picture thread (17 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Got some new pinstriping this morning while exploring an ever tightening trail. Side note, I got to ~25 degrees angle of bank. Has anyone pushed 30 here? My spotters about crapped their pants but I was confident in the LC.

4k7WMHJENpZ64K22Cv2MhPrZzZBKdoI5ZtDLtlUft4eiGis-sQkADS3qPiSeaFmGdeK-jOPf5UuSxvCdU-Sp-HeL3OSCAsVKr-8qV0cJY0oooAwh4ehqXXxSME_YfoFVDDsa6nEAwF7yUz8TSH39bPKdolIyseEL-l3RCuD8faL80JTyz6YQiwYWhey5VatN3kgpVzWwHfTUTZ6jzXq4g_tDaBGtAeryMPrUhpDxC_2ddqNVduDqbPgep34nl5gsOIdbwoOMdTudnnfHI2ekh4xOx_md1CDe75MDJK7nABZW1MrXAfAA_d6-iPuqbG9e4oLUIuTE4S7pQBa-mesPtBtYjAFi7TmMOHXh0XBbgElglx-4GgpAhDBG6oJsy2VnzjvwNDx_KW0q0yh8Jxp-GsXMDL-SaNfDpY0-GwlHzaZZqR4Cg2j7Sfv-A3EWMqlqSoeHRlpCprxDNGNruLc81cOHle1UuNqDAI49R2C4aQbck4E1U08Z6hT8KfCigwp3d_3iGU5ZO5yF7hK90ralXS4482JWFRavwlI2fo5xIwYfzaACEsZfSzoGhtQM59auZL5qgBTPGffKU9h1brvvFif4kOMNPw5sMzHzin2q7cyymP1votrYrwmiL0pf8yF8KNOSK3nQW_FSEJT8IUy5xF6KGT17xorM=w1560-h847-no

Side note, I got to ~25 degrees angle of bank. Has anyone pushed 30 here? My spotters about crapped their pants but I was confident in the LC.

Where's the pics of that? :D As @JohnJB can attest, you usually have quite a bit more room for roll and pitch angle than what feels comfortable inside the truck. The more you wheel it the more you'll feel comfortable knowing where that limit is, but it's definitely much higher than what looks and feels good :hillbilly:

Forgot to put these "yakuza boss mode" @cboyd pics up. Front seat back for backseat boss lounging. Short 7 year old but got his legs stretched for about 600 miles. My 3rd memory position on the driver seat is still set to "mind blow boss mode" or "yakuza boss mode" and twice on the trip I went back to the 2hundo from a pitstop and it was in boss driver mode. Lol. I must of hit the buttons as I bailed for the pisser. Of course it was all jacked up when I got back because the head rest was on and I had bags in the back floorboard. But she tried to lay me down twice. Yakuza boss mode is credited to @cboyd from a previous thread. Love that phrase. I was calling it "Hirozka boss mode" on the trip. I couldn't remember exactly, Lol. That's the best part of having a seven year old as your navigator. He's not going to log in and proof me. Not yet.
IMG_20190708_180234.jpg
IMG_20190708_180252.jpg
IMG_20190708_172518.jpg
IMG_20190708_180258.jpg

Snapped these on the way home today.

- Chris.

How is the shorter Rhino Rack with wind noise? Is it noticeable with the sunroof closed or open? I had a front runner on my 4runner and it rendered the sunroof useless due to the noise and wind buffering.

How is the shorter Rhino Rack with wind noise? Is it noticeable with the sunroof closed or open? I had a front runner on my 4runner and it rendered the sunroof useless due to the noise and wind buffering.

I recently installed the Rhino Rack pioneer and it is a short 3/4 version. I am installing the wind fairing to see if it helps with the wind noise. Candidly it is REALLY loud at highway speeds. It frankly kills the quiet nature of the LC and I do not like that at all. if the wind fairing doesn't quiet it down somewhat then I will plan to remove it. Regrettable decision for me.

- Chris.

I recently installed the Rhino Rack pioneer and it is a short 3/4 version. I am installing the wind fairing to see if it helps with the wind noise. Candidly it is REALLY loud at highway speeds. It frankly kills the quiet nature of the LC and I do not like that at all. if the wind fairing doesn't quiet it down somewhat then I will plan to remove it. Regrettable decision for me.

- Chris.

Thanks for the input. That’s exactly how my other rack was also and I ended up pulling it off also. Looks like I will be sticking with the stock rails.

I hear you. I am going to put my rack up for sale soon. It worked out fine for the beach trip I went on however it is a pain in the A$$ to load since its so high. Plus I can hear wind noise even with the fairing and it won't fit in my garage with it attached. I borrowed an extended hitch rack that worked out better since it easy to put on and take off. I had 8 people in my unit with all of our stuff piled on top and on the hitch rack. Drove a mile up and back on the beach with no problems. Last time I do that! MF's filled my truck with sand! Lol. It's all cleaned out now and back good as new. Good luck

IMG_4650.jpg

IMG_4651.jpg

IMG_4653 (2).jpg

"I will not pinstripe the LX. It is way too nice and way too expensive for tight BC trails. I will keep it pristine and bubble wrapped."

cv8xFGu.jpg

OZKuVya.jpg

SUs16zf.jpg

What is the ramp for?

The dog. She's 7 now, and it's better for her to not stress the knees/joints jumping in/out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom