Espostoa 1995 FZJ80 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

@vegasfj40 Looking so good too, I am partial to the bug deflector I really want one but couldn't do it if I didn't do the all of the window wind deflectors too, and if I was gonna go that route I NEEDED the JDM ones sooooooo I couldn't do it, too many things that require $$ and will improve performance before I can throw $$ at all those things. Next on my list of things is really a dual battery setup so I can start rigging out the inside, then.... bumpers? And an Awning like yours is that the ARB?

@vegasfj40 Looking so good too, I am partial to the bug deflector I really want one but couldn't do it if I didn't do the all of the window wind deflectors too, and if I was gonna go that route I NEEDED the JDM ones sooooooo I couldn't do it, too many things that require $$ and will improve performance before I can throw $$ at all those things. Next on my list of things is really a dual battery setup so I can start rigging out the inside, then.... bumpers? And an Awning like yours is that the ARB?

Awning is a Front Runner. I matched it with the roof rack. Would love to do bumpers but I'd have to change springs again. I'm just enjoying the truck as it is now. Just did a 250 mile trip today visiting some pueblo indian ruins here in New Mexico.

Awning is a Front Runner. I matched it with the roof rack. Would love to do bumpers but I'd have to change springs again. I'm just enjoying the truck as it is now. Just did a 250 mile trip today visiting some Indian pueblo ruins here in New Mexico.

@vegasfj40 Duuuuude I looked up what some of the ruins look like o_O amazing out there, gonna have to make that one of the stops on my way back to Florida one day.

Finally got a replacement cover for the RTT, the old one disintegrated and only lasted me about 3 trips really before it was unusable. I decided to go the route of getting a custom cover I could just use bungee cords to since it down. This will allow me to stuff the tent with stuff when I'm touring around. I got the cover made from Mike's Canvas a local upholstery and boat canvas shop here in LA he was great to deal with and does great leather work.

The fitment isn't perfect because I currently don't have a mattress in there as the foam that was in the tent when I bought the truck was full of mold, mattress is next on the list now that I have a cover to keep the elements out.

D7RdkNR.jpg

PfBelCU.jpg

vEXflSY.jpg

Sooooo with the new RTT cover I was itching to get out and try it out! What better way to do that than a day trip to Yosemite.

Y9dpeuV.jpg

Living in Glendale its supposed to be "only a 5 hour drive" but you know at cruiser speed that turns into 6-7 hours. IDK if you guys suffer the same way I do with the 33" and the lift but going anything faster than say 55mph or 2,000 RPM it seems to really destroy the gas milage. Keeping her there I was able to maintain a 13.86mpg average which seems pretty good to me, but man I wish I was going faster. I used a new app to keep track of the drive called Gaia GPS I'm sure some of you have heard of it :D It was cool knowing what our current elevation was, average MPH, and overall time traveled and time stoped... really all the stats are neat to look at. Here is what the actual trip looked like, I forgot to hit record after a rest stop :/ but its almost all there minus the last ~ 200 miles. This app is made to do off roading, I normally use All Trails for that type of thing but always down to try something new out and this trip was perfect to get used to the navigation of the app and the trip planning feature I can see being very powerful for bigger multi day trips in the dirt.

Actual Track
JZI9ggj.jpg

Having never done a get out of work and go trip we decided to take on the challenge. I got out of work early that day around 3pm and Jasmine got out a little later 6:30 which made for a really late 8:00pm departure. The first leg of our journey took us to Los Banos Reservoir Campgrounds or so it was supposed to lol. We ended up getting to the campground around 1:45am only to find the gate at the entrance closes at 10pm (Should have called an will take it as a lesson to call in advanced from now on) about 15 miles from anywhere we decided to do the wrong thing and pitch the RTT at the campground gate just cuz I was exhausted. I figured a couple hours of sleep would be good, we could get up in the morning and be out before 6am and no harm no foul....

oHNcbPN.jpg

Taking the cover off was a snap, I cracked a much needed beer and took some timed-exposures of the place.

k9DRkvk.jpg

What I was not expecting was for boaters and their rigs to start showing up around 4:30am, and the ranger showing up around 5:15am. The ranger was super nice and only mentioned in passing to the guys waiting at the gate "Looks like someone camped here last night" so I guess we where fine and there was nothing to worry about ?? Probably would have been a different story if there weren't people waiting to enter at the gate. Anyway I couldn't sleep after that so we packed up and headed to my cousins house to pick up the rest of the party!

Y1vh59w.jpg

sbdWi21.jpg

I have a cousin that lives in Merced about an hour outside of the Yosemite National Park we scooped her up along with her mom who was here visiting. What a great way to show them around the park Espostoa was a champ she handled the traffic and the parking spots like no other.

ibBu3DL.jpg

q4b5uka.jpg

lobiijh.jpg

It was a great trip and I think about as epic as a day trip can get, we got home around 2am on Sunday, Jasmine made it to work by 9:30am so the trip was a huge success, no hiccups or bumps and a great shakedown for the rig.

Man I can't get enough of these views.
rHirjyy.jpg

Would you have slept at the campground gate?
Whats the longest day trip you have taken?
Whats your AVG MPG when tripping?

Last edited:
Finally got the accessories I needed to utilize the 1.5" RAM mount ball the previous owner had graciously screwed into the dashboard.... It was and still is unsightly but at least now it serves a purpose, an overly beefy iPhone holder. It it using a RAM® Swivel Double Socket Arm for B Size & C Size which converts the 1.5" ball to the smaller 1" ball that all of the tablet and phone RAM mount accessories take. The mount I'm using for the phone is the RAM® X-Grip® Large Phone Holder with Ball . It bring this dope little rubber holder that when attached on all four side super duper grips the phone.. Get it X-Grip "Extra-Grip" :clap: ....

P8B6LPW.jpg

I might as well say what case I am using too, since its kinda cool too literally!

Noramlly our tech doesn't do will in hot weather often times slowing down and even dimming the screen. Living in SoCal even in the winter, if I don't have my AC running, the back of the phone cooks in the sun spiking the temps causing these issues. The Lander Moab Case helps with this by allowing the phone to operate outside of the 32-95°F working temps of our devices by using an insulation that keeps the phone cooler than it would even if it was naked.

It also has an anchor strap with is great for wrist strap when you are hiking but also really good in these situations where the phone might fly off during some hard core off road jumps! I remember using a similar tether on an bicycle mount.

3BFnzyP.jpg

What do you guys use as a phone mount/holder?

This will work much better than attaching to dash foam, cup holder is useless anyway.
You will be able to find all kinds of things on this site you didn't know you needed. Good Luck

This will work much better than attaching to dash foam, cup holder is useless anyway.
You will be able to find all kinds of things on this site you didn't know you needed. Good Luck

Oh ya for sure!! This was the previous owners handy work. I have my eye on a couple wits end mounds, the ashtray one looks good too :santa:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom