Dissent offroad modular aluminum roof rack. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Hey guys.
I wanted to post on here that I have 3 racks ready to go that are currently unspoken for. Could ship out as early as next week.
Pm me if interested.
Thanks.

@benc Could you measure the height of the roof rack from the roofline? I'm trying to determine if I can park my 99 LX470 in my garage with the rack installed. If so, I'll be selling my near-new ARB rack to get the Dissent roof rack.

Also, is pricing still $1000 shipped for the standard rack with 5 crossbars and light bar fairing?

Thanks!

@benc Could you measure the height of the roof rack from the roofline? I'm trying to determine if I can park my 99 LX470 in my garage with the rack installed. If so, I'll be selling my near-new ARB rack to get the Dissent roof rack.

Also, is pricing still $1000 shipped for the standard rack with 5 crossbars and light bar fairing?

Thanks!
The rack is 1 3/4" from the highest point of the roof. Currently pricing is $1075 + $75 for shipping. That is with 5 crossbars and solid or light bar fairing

Hoping to revive the light bar discussion. Anyone find a bar they like that fits?

I ordered a 42" Auxbeam off Amazon. Besides the fact that half the LEDs didn't work out of the box it would have also required some grinding to fit; so it's going back.

At the moment I'm looking at OZ (HD Series)

The width on the fairing looks like it's 41 15/16" And even most of the 40" bars I'm looking at say their mounting width is over 42".

I'd prefer to not order another one and find out it doesn't fit, so any input on what has worked for the rest of you would be outstanding.

If you look back a few pages a member posted their setup with a Rigid E-Series Pro 40” light bar. That’s the setup I’ll be doing on mine. It just mounts with two screws.

I’ve been looking for light bars too, are Rigid lights the only ones that have installed with success?

Rigid (and Baja Designs) were more than I wanted or needed to spend at the moment, so I spent a lot of time looking for something that wasn't complete crap. What I ended up with was this: S4D 40 inch Single Row OZ-USA® LED Light bar 4D reflectors spot flood combo off road 4x4 4wd race truck (Bought on Ebay for $110)

Just got it mounted up tonight. I threw a stainless and nylon washer on each side and had to go get some longer m8 bolts to close the small gap and it fits perfectly.

Comes with nice weatherproof wiring connectors. Shipped with a 30amp fuse. I cut it out and wired to my blue sea block; runs fine on a 7.5 amp fuse (it blew the 5 amp). Which I'd recommend since the wire isn't very thick.

I got this primarily for camping and setting up in the dark, I'm counting on it not being a great driving light but once I get some time with it maybe I'll come back and provide an update.

Rigid (and Baja Designs) were more than I wanted or needed to spend at the moment, so I spent a lot of time looking for something that wasn't complete crap. What I ended up with was this: S4D 40 inch Single Row OZ-USA® LED Light bar 4D reflectors spot flood combo off road 4x4 4wd race truck (Bought on Ebay for $110)

Just got it mounted up tonight. I threw a stainless and nylon washer on each side and had to go get some longer m8 bolts to close the small gap and it fits perfectly.

Comes with nice weatherproof wiring connectors. Shipped with a 30amp fuse. I cut it out and wired to my blue sea block; runs fine on a 7.5 amp fuse (it blew the 5 amp). Which I'd recommend since the wire isn't very thick.

I got this primarily for camping and setting up in the dark, I'm counting on it not being a great driving light but once I get some time with it maybe I'll come back and provide an update.
View attachment 1920543
How did you route your wiring?

How did you route your wiring?

I didn't finish that yet, but it will be going out the back of the hood and up the channel on the passenger side a-pillar. I have a 2nd battery on that side, if you don't the driver side would probably be easier. I'm in the midst of working on an elaborate control system for switching things (separate post on that at some point), but I am running some Cat5 cables through the inside A-Pillar and through the ceiling to the ceiling console. Had to remove the passenger sun visor parts to get the headliner down enough to get the wires where I wanted them.

I didn't finish that yet, but it will be going out the back of the hood and up the channel on the passenger side a-pillar. I have a 2nd battery on that side, if you don't the driver side would probably be easier. I'm in the midst of working on an elaborate control system for switching things (separate post on that at some point), but I am running some Cat5 cables through the inside A-Pillar and through the ceiling to the ceiling console. Had to remove the passenger sun visor parts to get the headliner down enough to get the wires where I wanted them.
You use Cat5? I was considering using cat5 when I was wiring my speakers from the stereo to the amp harness underneath the passenger seat but ended up using thicker gauge wiring

Does anyone have Maxtrax's mounted to Ben's rack? If so, what did you use? Everyone is on back order for the standard maxtrax pins so I'm looking for another option.

I do. I use a set from Eezi Awn. They're meant to work with the maxtrax pins but you can use long bolts and nuts until the pins are back in stock.

I do. I use a set from Eezi Awn. They're meant to work with the maxtrax pins but you can use long bolts and nuts until the pins are back in stock.

Do you have a link by chance?

Do you have a link by chance?

I used carriage bolts up through the cross rails. Cheap and simple, not super convenient

Purchased. Thank you.

Has anyone installed a Baja Designs onx6 40 on the roof rack? The mounts don't look like they match up.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom