What have you done to your 100 Series this week? (27 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

cool swimming hole but wayyyyyy tooo many people

It’s the Mcloud River, lower Falls. Yes it gets too many people for my liking as well. We have been when it’s just a few. It awesome to jump from the rocks.

Added Amazon $50 Ventilated Seat cover that also provide AC to my lower back due to that awesome crotch vent where the seat fan is in the perfect spot to pick up that cool air. Thanks Japanese Engineers.

This will hold me over this summer while i save for perforated leather seats with aftermarket ventilated/AC seats.

My but and back has been soo sweaty in this 90 degree desert heat, so what an improvement!

Added 70% crystalline to entire windshield to combat the heat, next is a dash mat and I'll be in pure comfort on those hot days this July and August.

I'll post mt crystalline windshield later.

View media item 84478

SNAILAX Cooling Car Seat Cushion with Massage, Car Seat Cooling Pad,Air Conditioned Seat Cover with Car Fan for Car Truck Home and Office use SL-252 Amazon product ASIN B071XS65DQ

Last edited:
Added Amazon $50 Ventilated Seat cover that also provide AC to my lower back due to that awesome crotch vent where the seat fan is in the perfect spot to pick up that cool air. Thanks Japanese Engineers.

This will hold me over this summer while i save for perforated leather seats with aftermarket ventilated/AC seats.

My but and back has been soo sweaty in this 90 degree desert heat, so what an improvement!

Added 70% crystalline to entire windshield to combat the heat, next is a dash mat and I'll be in pure comfort on those hot days this July and August.

I'll post mt crystalline windshield later.

View media item 84478

SNAILAX Cooling Car Seat Cushion with Massage, Car Seat Cooling Pad,Air Conditioned Seat Cover with Car Fan for Car Truck Home and Office use SL-252 Amazon product ASIN B071XS65DQ

This is intersting, the swamp ass in FL is real this time of year and the leather can certainly get hot.

Do you actually feel the air/fan pushing it through the cover? A/C seats is the one thing I would like to have from a newer truck.

Last edited:
In Europe earlier this year I saw a 105 series, A/C cloth seats. They felt incredible. I need to find the information I wrote down on them, maybe experiment with them. Super cool.

Got back after a 5 week road trip. Visited Sedona, Flagstaff, Sunset Crater NM, Wupatki NM, Natural Bridges NM, Petrified Forest NP, Grand Canyon NP(North and South Rim), Coral Pink Sand Dunes, Paria Canyon, Vermillion Cliffs, Zion NP, Bryce NP, Capitol Reef NP, Hell’s Backbone...etc. 2200 miles, (over 300 off pavement). Followed a google maps GPS “shortcut” through a burned out forest (had to turn around, since it wasn’t even a road). First time in deep sand (felt like driving through a foot of water). First trail “fix” for a cracked boot- hose clamp and rubber glove, no it did not work, but it didn’t fall off either. Over 10k pics, so 5 wont really scratch the surface. Will be posting more pics on that thread soon.

F2D659E1-30D8-4896-8C66-FCEDE1E551B4.jpeg

6BE7E8B8-3E9D-4EA2-BCC0-9762C9FD9AEC.jpeg

34C01ED1-DB5F-41C9-AE8A-0342D4D8C507.jpeg

3AB309BA-7246-4A7D-BCD7-72E2F99914A8.jpeg

E20DF161-E32C-47D5-A125-48E11798F584.jpeg

This is certainly intersting, the swamp ass in FL is real this time of year and the leather can certainly get hot.

Do you actually feel the air/fan pushing it through the cover? A/C seats is the one thing I would like to have from a newer truck.
yes i feel it on lower back the most nice cool air due to AC vent and design of the seat cover it forces space between you and seat to allow air.

Now the upper back and other areas where there is no gap i dont feel it as much but hey its working!. I weigh 175, so not sure how more weight would do if its more likely to close the gap that allows air. The great thing about amazon return it if you dont like it, at $50 to remove that sweat its a bargain! feel it great and its breathable material so that alone helps greatly compared to our leather, coupled with air i love it!

my first test at 90 degrees passed no sweat or swamp ass at all haha! cant wait to try at 105 degrees today and will report back.

Got back after a 5 week road trip. Visited Sedona, Flagstaff, Sunset Crater NM, Wupatki NM, Natural Bridges NM, Petrified Forest NP, Grand Canyon NP(North and South Rim), Coral Pink Sand Dunes, Paria Canyon, Vermillion Cliffs, Zion NP, Bryce NP, Capitol Reef NP, Hell’s Backbone...etc. 2200 miles, (over 300 off pavement). Followed a google maps GPS “shortcut” through a burned out forest (had to turn around, since it wasn’t even a road). First time in deep sand (felt like driving through a foot of water). First trail “fix” for a cracked boot- hose clamp and rubber glove, no it did not work, but it didn’t fall off either. Over 10k pics, so 5 wont really scratch the surface. Will be posting more pics on that thread soon.

View attachment 2027692

View attachment 2027694

View attachment 2027695

View attachment 2027696

View attachment 2027701
Awesome! 5 weeks on the road with 5 kids - you are an inspiration!! Did you guys camp most of the nights? How did you carry everyone's stuff and still have 3 rows occupied?

Awesome! 5 weeks on the road with 5 kids - you are an inspiration!! Did you guys camp most of the nights? How did you carry everyone's stuff and still have 3 rows occupied?
Yes, we camped all but a week in Sedona and 3 nights in NV. It was very tight! I also removed the single seat in the middle row and packed that side full with wood, water, cooler, etc. most of the time the smaller kids removed the middle seat headrest and crawled over from the driver’s side. 4 totes on the back held more than 300lbs of stuff when we left (I weighed them to balance), the roof carrier had 5 bags of vacuum sealed clothing and sleeping bags+ the big tent. We returned with 6-5 gallon buckets worth of rocks, too.

Yes, we camped all but a week in Sedona and 3 nights in NV. It was very tight! I also removed the single seat in the middle row and packed that side full with wood, water, cooler, etc. most of the time the smaller kids removed the middle seat headrest and crawled over from the driver’s side. 4 totes on the back held more than 300lbs of stuff when we left (I weighed them to balance), the roof carrier had 5 bags of vacuum sealed clothing and sleeping bags+ the big tent. We returned with 6-5 gallon buckets worth of rocks, too.

Holy crap dude. You need a trailer or a roof top box at least. I still don't understand how you fit all that in there with 5 kids...

3rd timing belt, valve cover gaskets, and other items while in there - dealer installed (have a good one near me) as I didn't have the time...or desire.

Holy crap dude. You need a trailer or a roof top box at least. I still don't understand how you fit all that in there with 5 kids...
Agreed! We could have left the wood, one of the stoves, and some clothes, but we saw temps from the high 30s to 109F, and a trailer would just encourage us to bring more stuff. I was pushing for a hard roof case, but we already had this one.

God Almighty! :eek:
You have an awesome family and the probably the best behaved kids in the entire universe. I have only 3 little ones and they find plenty to fight about when sitting 3 abreast.
I am sorry to keep asking but what did you guys do to take care of bathroom situation. A privacy tent and portable toilet?

He definitely could make use of a simple m416 trailer or something similar.

God Almighty! :eek:
You have an awesome family and the probably the best behaved kids in the entire universe. I have only 3 little ones and they find plenty to fight about when sitting 3 abreast.
I am sorry to keep asking but what did you guys do to take care of bathroom situation. A privacy tent and portable toilet?
The tent is enormous- fits our queen,two twins, and a single air mattress. Privacy is not an issue yet, with young kids, but we used to take 2-3 smaller tents and were spending over an hour each for setup and tear down. Also, the tent has a zip up “wall” divider in the middle, when needed.
Bathroom duties are taken care of behind a tree with the camp shovel (BLM campsites can be huge) or in the bathrooms located within campgrounds- though I have driven 1/2 a mile to a pit toilet when needed. When we were hiking through a sensitive area where you have to pack out your waste, we made everyone go before the hike...and don’t judge too quickly about the well behaved kids!

He definitely could make use of a simple m416 trailer or something similar.
My wife and I both love the idea of a light small trailer, but not the expense, parking with it, or the potential hit in fuel mileage ( e.g., when I DD I get 18 mpg, but we got 12-15mpg most of the trip).

The tent is enormous- fits our queen,two twins, and a single air mattress. Privacy is not an issue yet, with young kids, but we used to take 2-3 smaller tents and were spending over an hour each for setup and tear down. Also, the tent has a zip up “wall” divider in the middle, when needed.
Bathroom duties are taken care of behind a tree with the camp shovel (BLM campsites can be huge) or in the bathrooms located within campgrounds- though I have driven 1/2 a mile to a pit toilet when needed. When we were hiking through a sensitive area where you have to pack out your waste, we made everyone go before the hike...and don’t judge too quickly about the well behaved kids!

My wife and I both love the idea of a light small trailer, but not the expense, parking with it, or the potential hit in fuel mileage ( e.g., when I DD I get 18 mpg, but we got 12-15mpg most of the trip).

I wholeheartedly agree. There is always the next level equipment to buy and maintain but why bother when you can make do just fine with what you have. I definitely showing these pics to my kids.

My dad would have (actually, he has...) kicked me out of the car a few miles from the camp site, undoubtedly because we couldn't play nice in the back seat for so long.

You're obviously a wizard to have 3 happy kids in the back for so long.

3rd timing belt, valve cover gaskets, and other items while in there - dealer installed (have a good one near me) as I didn't have the time...or desire.
Which dealer?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom