Builds Scat's GX Build (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

@ebbs15 It's an MicroNavi Android headunit from AliExpress, I ordered the 8 core 32gb Canbus version. You will also need to order a Y splitter for the stock antenna's along with a converter that downsizes one of the antenna cords to fit the Y splitter. Search GXOR on facebook for additional help as Im not that great with audio stuff. Here's a link to the product;

MicroNavi Android Headunit
awesome thanks. Still doing my research, but plan on buying a GX before too long. traded in my Tacoma for an F150 because I thought I needed room... :slap: I regret it big time. I was thinking about getting back into another 80 (the one in my avatar I sold to my father) but want something with more power, and not as big... GX looks like the ticket. I was worried about the Nav issue... but this looks to be a simple fix to me. Thanks for doing the work!

Smitybuilt X20 10k with synthetic rope and Factor 55 flatlink installed. Needed to run an offset fairlead with the ARB.

If you widen the passenger side hole on the arb you can flush mount the control box;

Pretty stoked, seems like a great winch based on the specs, warranty and price.

Cheers,

Last edited:
Few things that I haven't added to the build page;

ARB single air compressor mounted on a SLEE bracket;

Waterport mounted to the ladder for now;

OZ-USA 10" flood/spot light bar for the courtesy lights, more information in the best mods for under $100 thread;

I managed to get my control box under the hood line. It JUST kisses the hood when closed. Have to open the hood to use the winch (just pop it and leave it latched) but it stays in there and out of the elements. I like your install. I have a lightbar there or I would have done the same thing.

That looks really nice and clean

@Vlad Right on, definitely agree that the control box mounting options are pretty limited. Even considered fabbing up a mount in the area in front of the air box but the cables would've needed to be extended which didn't seem ideal.

@coops2k thank's man, Im happy with how it turned out!

I’ve been getting the truck ready for my move back to Georgia. Planning to go on a 5-6 week camping trip through the pnw up to Canada and then back down to San Diego to pick up my stuff. Here’s a few small things from the past month or so;

Costway 54qt fridge;

Off Grid 4x4 dual battery tray, just the battery for now to serve as an emergency backup. Planning to finish this mod once I get to Atlanta.

Chopped off the factory tow hooks;

Sold the ARB tent and upgraded to a Maggiolina Airlander Plus. Went with the medium xl version in white/gray. This was the first outing but I’ve since mounted it to my Yakima bars which made for a much more stable mounting surface.

Cheers,

Smitybuilt X20 10k with synthetic rope and Factor 55 flatlink installed. Needed to run an offset fairlead with the ARB.

View attachment 1991327

If you widen the passenger side hole on the arb you can flush mount the control box;

View attachment 1991330
View attachment 1991331
View attachment 1991332

Pretty stoked, seems like a great winch based on the specs, warranty and price.

Cheers,
Did you do anything special with the AC line when you installed your winch? Looks like it is as easy as removing the mount and pushing it back.

Any pics of the courtesy light bar at night?

Where did you get that badge? Thats really cool

Sweet, you’re going to love the Maggie. My Airtop rocks, Autohome makes good stuff if you can get past the price. I bought mine very lightly used and it was still pricey.

Where in GA? 😎

Sweet, you’re going to love the Maggie. My Airtop rocks, Autohome makes good stuff if you can get past the price. I bought mine very lightly used and it was still pricey.

Ya man it’s been a huge upgrade and worth every penny so far. Love the firm mattress and no noticeable drop in fuel consumption with it on or off the roof. Ive since upgraded the ladder to a heavy duty telescopic with hooks (not pictured) and I’ve added some interior lighting as well.

ATL meet when I get back lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom