SAS #3 Convoy from Texas to Ouray CO. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

POTATO LAUNCHER

TLCA #6928
Threads
It's getting close and we have decided to do a Cruiser Convoy again out of Texas.
The plan is to have everyone meet at my barn in Amarillo, TX for a catered Texas BBQ Meal with all the Fixin's including cobbler for desert on the evening of August 2nd.
Plates will be $15 so I will need a head count to get that reserved. The sooner the better please.
People are welcome to camp on the property if they choose to do so. We will have restrooms and the barn can be used in case we have a West Texas Storm Squal. The next stage would be towards Colorado. Destination for Saturday August 3rd will be Monte Vista, CO. We stayed at the Best Western Movie Manor Inn fo SAS #1 convoy. It has plenty of parking and you get to watch a current movie right inside your room. Book your reservations here. https://www.bestwestern.com/en_US/b...ob=BLBWI0004G&cid=BLBWI0004G:google:gmb:06029
The route up will go right by the Great Sand Dunes N.P. if anyone is interested in seeing them.
Sunday August 4th will be a drive up to the SoulCraft Brewery to have a bite and visit with one of our sponsors for this year. They went nuts last year when we pulled in with all the Cruisers.
For those interested we will see if we can go by Classic Cruisers again to shop or just see a cool boneyard. I know @CenTXFJ60 is already planning this part.

If you are coming any where near the route please feel free to join in. It is always cool to get out and Cruise the open road together.
If you can think of anyone that is interested please tag them in the thread. A PM would be appreciated as to collect head counts per vehicle attending.
Thanks, Casey...

@BombCity , @Dirtydawg ,@cornboy ,@CaptClose ,@ceylonfj40nut ,@fl4031003 ,@CenTXFJ60 , @The Jade Bean , @Yackster , @Darran Douglas , @Zjohnsonua , @Michael B , @kmj64 , @overequipt , @HemiAlex , @abtx4x4 , @cruiserjunktion , @Ocho77 , @dogfishlake , @bdyer12 , @Dilspec , @houstonfj40 , @mesa man , @Mesa Woman , @4Cruisers

Hey guys, I'll be coming back from the overland rally in Gunnison that Sunday. Post up an approximate time for Soulcraft and I'll probably meet you there. I may spend a day at the shop on Monday to catch up a bit before heading to Ouray on Tuesday AM.

btw - if anyone wants to detour to Buena Vista or has an unfortunate mechanical incident please feel free to ping me any time. I'll be ready with tools, lifts, etc for those en route.

Hey guys, I'll be coming back from the overland rally in Gunnison that Sunday. Post up an approximate time for Soulcraft and I'll probably meet you there. I may spend a day at the shop on Monday to catch up a bit before heading to Ouray on Tuesday AM.

btw - if anyone wants to detour to Buena Vista or has an unfortunate mechanical incident please feel free to ping me any time. I'll be ready with tools, lifts, etc for those en route.

I forgot about the Overboard Ralley in Gunnison. Might have to roll through with the Convoy. Could be something were missing out on.

I forgot about the Overboard Ralley in Gunnison. Might have to roll through with the Convoy. Could be something were missing out on.

You'd have to pull up your timeline a bit. Saturday is the last real day of the rally, Sunday AM is teardown. We have to be off the site by noon.

Scratch that. Well pickup the stragglers. Should be plenty of Overloaded, Overdone and Overspent rigs in the area when we roll through.
That is all, Over!

My daughter an I are in Casey. Sounds awesome

Excellent Pat. Looking forward to it man.

We'll be driving pretty much right through it, so count us in for the beer run and Classic Cruisers - just let us know when it's happening.

Check into Medanno Pass. The water crossings may be a little treacherous.

We are meeting at Soulcraft Brewery in Salida CO on Sunday the 4th at 12 (ish) MST. If any in route want to join feel free to do so. It looks like Classic Cruiser's in Poncha Springs is a go as well.
4 more days folks. This Texan is ready for some high altitude cool weather.

Last edited:
Forgot about my reservations in Monte Vista. The Best Western is full but got a room at the Sandhill in so that should work.
Buddy friendly too!

Casey, if Lizzy, Buddy and I were to get a hotel on the 2nd vs camp, is there a place nearby you would suggest? Thanks

Let me do a little research and I'll pm you.

Is anyone going to check out the sand dunes? We were thinking of primitive camping in the RTT somewhere close to Monte vista or Salida. Any suggestions?
Check into Medanno Pass. The water crossings may be a little treacherous.

I was planning on doing the medanno pass and GSDNP but on the GSD Instagram page they stated a severe storm washed medanno pass road and it it closed until further notice:

Posted on July 24
3C711BE5-DB3A-4C90-9ACC-A0FFC9C0BBA7.jpeg

Bummer man, it's a cool place to go.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom