Leaning towards 2020 LC Heritage...but Sequoia is tough for $ (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Dont even bother with a test drive. You will like driving a new LC better than a new Sequoia. Take a Heritage on a test drive home to show the wife. She will love it. Its a better vehicle, will hold value better, and you will probably pass it on to one of your kids. Its just a wiser decision. Buy a Heritage!

After test driving a Sequoia, my wife commented that is she wanted to drive a truck, she would just drive mine. (I had a Tundra at the time.) The Sequoia's are large, noisy and not as comfy as the LC.

... however I have a feeling the Sequoia won't be coming back as sales are not that great.

I was talking to the Sales Manager from whom I purchased my 2013LC 7 years ago about what Toyota vehicle he would purchase before he retires next year. He mentioned that he liked the Sequoia, but "Toyota is giving up on the Sequoia." He decided on a LC200 Heritage Edition.

HTH

I was talking to the Sales Manager from whom I purchased my 2013LC 7 years ago about what Toyota vehicle he would purchase before he retires next year. He mentioned that he liked the Sequoia, but "Toyota is giving up on the Sequoia." He decided on a LC200 Heritage Edition.

HTH
Interesting. I hope that doesnt mean they are going to water-down the LC, even more.

Just an anecdote from an internet stranger: I have a neighbor/good friend who bought a Sequoia Platinum 6mos after I bought my LC. He swore he needed a BIG car because he's a BIG guy. He touted all the bells and whistles like the cupholders, auto tailgate, and power folding seats. Neither of us NEED a large 4wd SUV, he works from home and I have a 54mi commute everyday. His kids are grown and I only have one. I love my cruiser, I wash/detail it every weekend, have modified it to my liking, and it makes me smile every time I see it. He still has the Sequoia, it has been neglected since the first fender bender, has never been modified save for BFG KO2's, and it hasn't been washed or cleaned inside for minimum 6mos. He now constantly searches for LC's and regrets not pulling the trigger when he had the chance. Having an LC is special, hard to describe but you'll know it when you have one. Just my opinion but if was in the market to "upgrade my wife", a new LC would be a great choice. Good luck sir

I'm a little guy and I do not find the LC to be roomy, easy to get in and out of.
Get what you want
Don't get me wrong it is a bad ass vehicle but get something that fits your needs

We don't like the word "leaning" around here! Good luck with your quest.

The Sequoia is better for carting around a large family as it is larger and has an independent rear suspension.

The LC is better for going off-road and is a bit easier to park.

The LC better for my use than the Sequoia. YMMV.

When shopping for my LC, I ran across a screaming deal on a nearly new Sequoia. It was a real beauty, priced a lot cheaper than the 200s I was looking at. I liked it, but the two things that made a big difference to me were:
1. Sequoia feels like driving a big truck. The 200 is no ballerina, but to me the Sequoia just had a much bigger "feel".
2. I really like to have elbow room in the garage, and I was concerned I would miss the additional space taken up by the longer Sequoia.

Still , if you want a big truck and you have the space, Sequoia can definitely be a great choice.

I currently own both. You cannot beat the rear leg room in the Toyota sequoia. If you need the space go with the Sequoia. If adults are going to be sitting in the third row go with the sequoia. If I’m driving by myself I’ll always take the Land Cruiser

The 200 is in no way "roomy" haha, it's better than a mid-size no doubt, but it can't compete with a full-size truck in that department. I felt like the Sequoia had a better on road ride and it most likely does due to the rear IFS vs the 200's live axle. Both guzzle fuel but the Sequoia actually had a +1mpg rating over the 200 much to our surprise.

Like 99.9% of you here I prefer the 200 and that's why we ended up with one but I also like our 5th Gen 4Runner and if it's just myself, around town or on the beach, I will take the 4Runner every single time.

But I’ve said it many times: if I didn’t use the serious off road capacity and use the 7k+ lb tow capacity and use the 3rd row from time to time I wouldn’t have the 200 series.

So what would you have?

So what would you have?
Great question. First choice is easy: If I didn’t tow or ever use the 3rd row I’d still have the G500 I had before my LX570. If couldn’t have my old g and I didn’t tow but did everything I currently do and I’d have a built out GX or (since Its theoretical) the nicest built 80 Out there. And this one pains me to think of living this way... if I lived in an urban city never off-roaded and needed a 3rd row, Tesla model X all day. For gas car probably a Subaru ascent. Same scenario with 4 or more kids AWD Toyota Sienna. I think that covers it.

Last edited:
Great question. First choice is easy: If I didn’t tow or ever use the 3rd row I’d still have the G500 I had before my LX570. If couldn’t have my old g and I didn’t tow but did everything I currently do and I’d have a built out GX or (since Its theoretical) the nicest built 80 Out there. And this one pains me to think of living this way... if I lived in an urban city never off-roaded and needed a 3rd row, Tesla model X all day. For gas car probably a Subaru ascent. Same scenario with 4 or more kids AWD Toyota Sienna. I think that covers it.

Why did you get rid of your Wagen?

Why did you get rid of your Wagen?
I had it for 10 years and drove it hard. Thing was a beast, never failed. I had the g and a old f250 diesel, a airstream TT, and my wife an AWD car. We moved to a larger house on more land with way less space to park (steep yard), short driveway (didn’t need to plow), kids were getting bigger and we were taking more friends along so we’re driving 2 cars when we did. Also wanted a bunk house camper with a slide out. I still needed the stellar off road ability of the g but wanted a 3rd row and more tow capacity. So got rid of the g, f250, and airstream and bought the LX and a black rock 22BHS.

I’ve owned two sequoias and just traded in last one for a 200. The Sequoia was an excellent car for our family of 5. Loads of passenger room, comfortable ride, extremely reliable and I liked both of them more than the Yukon xl we have. Compared to the 200, the Sequoia is a big truck that is less refined (but still better than the Yukon) and it feels much bigger than the 200.

If you are towing or regularly carrying more than 4 or 5 ppl, I recommend the Sequoia. If not and you simply want the LC even a little bit more, get the LC.

More likely you will want for an LC if you get the Sequoia vs the other way around.

You should always at one time in you life buy your "dream" vehicle. With the LC/LX you cannot lose and you won't have the remorse you would get every time you see one while driving a Sequoia.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom