SAS SAS #3 Official Thread 2019 (4 Viewers)

SAS #3 Color choices

• Capri Blue

Votes: 3 4.4%
  • Sky Blue

Votes: 6 8.8%
  • Pollux Orange

Votes: 4 5.9%
  • Olive Green

Votes: 14 20.6%
  • Spring Green

Votes: 5 7.4%
  • Cadet Blue

• Dune Beige

Votes: 15 22.1%
  • Rustic Green

Votes: 4 5.9%
  • Freeborn Red

Votes: 7 10.3%
  • Yellow / Mustard

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Checkout what me and @potatolauncher started back in March. Adding the finishing touches just in time for SAS#3.

View attachment 2023774

View attachment 2023775

View attachment 2023776

View attachment 2023777

View attachment 2023778
Sweet trailer @Dirtydawg , where did you find that manly wheel for your jack? That will be nice. My trailer I'm bringing is a near stock Canadian M101 and the jack is pretty lame. If I get a second I might get some work done on it.

No reason to stress Pat. Totally respect your decision. You will be more relaxed in the 80 and can plan ahead for next year. I'd much rather you and buddy make it issue free than trying to make it to Ouray and home.

Well, I am officially pulling the plug on bringing the 60 to SAS3. My alarm went off at 4 a.m. this morning, I sat right up and said out loud "this is crazy". I love the idea of the new rig but if I tried to test it out up there it would be really dumb. If I broke down on those trails the burden would be huge getting it back down and that just hit me like a ton of bricks today. I will have a lot to do when I get back home but it is what it is. I have two weeks to push hard on 80 maintenance and that should be just fine. Now I can plan to go up the wall at poughkeepsie again, that's a plus.

Makes more sense to drive the "baby" with only 270,000 miles on it, right?

Can't wait to see y'all!

Bummer, I was hoping to see Chunk in person. But I totally understand, these full restoration jobs just take gobs of time. Look forward to seeing you again!

Bummer, I was hoping to see Chunk in person. But I totally understand, these full restoration jobs just take gobs of time. Look forward to seeing you again!
Thanks man, i wish I could make it in the 60.

SAS4?

SAS4?

For sure. You bring Chunk and I'll bring the Goat. I gotta say though, you're doing much better than me on making progress!

That brings up another positive. Michigan has a most awesome winter but since the dumbs**ts salt the roads so bad, it is no place for a Cruiser, so new goal is a nice big road trip to see as many SAS friends as possible driving Chunk next winter. I like it.

For sure. You bring Chunk and I'll bring the Goat. I gotta say though, you're doing much better than me on making progress!
I can deliver your replacement dash section

22218709-F115-4906-BAF7-B9956BB2535A.jpeg

SAS4?
Hell yeah, Pat. Don't kill yourself. SAS4 is going to have the coolest looking logo anyway. Bowfin was the first sticker to adorn the new 80, by the way.

I can deliver your replacement dash section

That would be sweet! Maybe by then I'll actually be ready for it. We've got a spare room and are in the middle of the mountains, whether you want to ski, hike, whatever, it's all here and you're welcome to stay with us.

Hell yeah, Pat. Don't kill yourself. SAS4 is going to have the coolest looking logo anyway. Bowfin was the first sticker to adorn the new 80, by the way.
Thank you. Most struggle with the prehistoric-ish fish thing but that is my homes namesake

That would be sweet! Maybe by then I'll actually be ready for it. We've got a spare room and are in the middle of the mountains, whether you want to ski, hike, whatever, it's all here and you're welcome to stay with us.
That is awesome. Might be a callin!

So two years ago I removed and sold my supercharger to my sister (free install on her 80) because I was going to do a turbo on my 80 (pieces in a box waiting). Well, here comes year two wheezing around at altitude without boost. Duh!

That said I don't really mind pulling into the slow lane with the greatest nameplate to ever be assembled by mortal man

Thank you. Most struggle with the prehistoric-ish fish thing but that is my homes namesake
You bet man. I dig the fish. We have alligator gar down here - well, not far South of here, anyway. Yours has that one beat in the looks department by a mile.

SAS4?
Ahh man, I'm already looking forward to SAS 4 before SAS 3 is even underway! My 60 will finally make a return as well, so its looking like a lot of long term projects are on track to make it next year.

For those of you interested in Joining the SAS #3 Texas Convoy to Ouray.

Anyone looking for parts for 80series I have some stuff I can bring down from junction. Radflos set springs caster plates some random other stuff. Set 37s, links control arms

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom