Rear lower and upper control arms (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
So i’ve decided to replace some suspension components on my 2000 lc in an effort to improve the ride quality to near what it was years ago.

The rear control arms (upper and lower) are on the list and i hoped i could just replace the bushings as opposed to replacing the entire piece. Is there a vendor that you can ship these things to that can replace the bushings? Can i buy the bushings? My control arms aren't bent or at least dont appear bent.

What advice can you give me?

Thanks

Also look at your rear panhard bushes as well. Might as well replace those at the same time and they are much smaller.
Do you have the P# for these, or a vague idea of where these are? i think I might tackle rear LCA & those you mentioned.

Thanks

Dobinsons has a whole kit. The bushings are a pain to get out though, definitely need a good press and perfect sized dies to set on the metal outer ring of original bushings.

Do you have the P# for these, or a vague idea of where these are? i think I might tackle rear LCA & those you mentioned.

Thanks

Here you go.

I pressed out the core of the old bushes to allow room to mate up the new bushes, which of course is a perfect match to the old. Then I pushed out the old with the new at the same time. Not too bad once I figured that out, but otherwise yes it was difficult to find a press sleeve that works.

Last edited:
Here you go.

I pressed out the core of the old bushes to allow room to mate up the new bushes, which of course is a perfect match to the old. Then I pushed out the old with the new at the same time. Not too bad once I figured that out, but otherwise yes it was difficult to find a press sleeve that works.

wrong arms, sorry

Got these done a few weeks back. Pressed old bushings out and new ones in - both using wits end press. I actually had to find a large socket to complete the sandwich process. Cleaned, primed, and painted lower arms since they show.

Reinstalled control arms.

The rear springs interfere with the bolts and can make you say cuss words but its doable.

99F8D7D7-DF85-4DAE-9DDB-BD928CE36FD5.jpeg

7D07FBFC-DC7D-494B-9CE8-3C4E97BE9714.jpeg

956A3686-1412-4723-8DE5-39B29B44D1D4.jpeg

Btw - fwiw -Those were off a 2006 with 195k odo. Southern vehicle.
Good day.

wrong arms, sorry

Not sure I understand. Those are the bushes for the panhard which is what was requested. I can look up the numbers for the other bushes if you want those.

Edit: Here they are in case anyone needs them.

4870260110 x4 lower
4870260090 x4 upper
4870660060 x2 panhard

These are Toyota bushes that are compatible, which is to say they're from a 200 series or GX or something. There is no official part number in the diagrams for the 100 series so this is the only option without going aftermarket or whole new arms. Whether the rubber is a different compound I cannot say, but their exterior dimensions are exact and they work well for me. One thing to note is the lack of voids through the rubber of one of the lower arm bushes (see photo by @DuckLN above) so presumably it has slightly different characteristics but not enough for me to notice.

Last edited:
Not sure I understand. Those are the bushes for the panhard which is what was requested. I can look up the numbers for the other bushes if you want those.

Edit: Here they are in case anyone needs them.

4870260110 x4 lower
4870260090 x4 upper
4870660060 x2 panhard

These are Toyota bushes that are compatible, which is to say they're from a 200 series or GX or something. There is no official part number in the diagrams for the 100 series so this is the only option without going aftermarket or whole new arms. Whether the rubber is a different compound I cannot say, but their exterior dimensions are exact and they work well for me. One thing to note is the lack of voids through the rubber of one of the lower arm bushes (see photo by @DuckLN above) so presumably it has slightly different characteristics but not enough for me to notice.

Ohhh boy...

I posted in the wrong thread, so deleted my post, but had to leave some remnant.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom