Introduction and a little advice (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I just purchased from a friend, a 1999 LC with 58,000 miles. They were the original owner and maintained it well through the last 20 years. I purchased for my 17 year old daughter for her to drive for a couple of years until she goes to college. I plan to keep the LC and buy her something else when she goes to college. All that to say, I plan on keeping the LC and don’t mind investing the necessary dollars to get it right. I will also add that I previously owned at 1994 80 series that I still consider to be the best vehicle I have ever owned. I very much regret selling.
We live in northwest Arkansas and I think I have a shop that can install the bumpers, sliders and suspension but I am starting to search for someone to rework the breaks. I’m not sure what’s needed yet but they feel pretty soft. Since this is for my daughter, I’m not going to take any chances and would rather completely replace verses worry about them. I should also mention that I don’t plan on doing much of the work myself. I love working on the LC but don’t really have the time to tackle big projects.
Unless I get some quick different direction, I plan to start with the following: brakes as mentioned above. Whatever it takes to get those right, Slee - OME Heavy 2.5/1.5 Load, Level Stance with UCA’s(I plan to add the Slee bumper in the next fee months... I’m assuming I should go ahead and size springs for bumper + tire swing out + ladder/fuel and my daughter will use a Kuate receiver bike rack), I think at this point - the White Knuckle sliders, new tires (probably BFG KO2’s - I use on my daily driver SUV and have been very happy, but I’m open to trying another recommendation) and maybe the biggest question / decision I have at this point is wheels. It currently has the 16” stock wheel. My daughter and I both like some of the aftermarket wheels but don’t want to go down in quality for looks? Any and all advice here would be appreciated. I will also be adding a front bumper (maybe ARB or Slee or Dissent). At some point, I will add front locker, dual battery, roof rack, and lights.
Sorry for the long intro. It’s been very helpful looking through all the Builds. There are some awesome LCs builds out there.
Thanks in advance for any and all advice!

I went with the 17 inch rock warrior wheels from a tundra. They did require spacers which I purchased from slee.

I was in the same boat as you: I could not justify spending the money on wheels that were of lesser quality than the ones the truck had fro the factory. Almost every aftermarket wheel that I have seen people putting on the 100 series is cast not forged which is why I went with tundra takeoffs. They have the offroad look and strength.

Check out bohannan four wheel drive in Bentonville. The owner is a longtime cruiser guy and a really stand up guy. Id get those brakes done before anything else, that can be a really expensive project.
Welcome to Mud and the 100 series
you will find more info here than you can imagine

PM sent. Picture of the Gear 20’s that came on our ‘98.

D874EF73-A6D1-4FE2-89F1-BD59CA48DB58.jpeg

CA97F6F6-EBB9-476A-8F6F-778E2D624FEA.jpeg

Check out bohannan four wheel drive in Bentonville. The owner is a longtime cruiser guy and a really stand up guy. Id get those brakes done before anything else, that can be a really expensive project.
Welcome to Mud and the 100 series
you will find more info here than you can imagine
Really appreciate the Bohannan Four Wheel Drive contact! That’s a huge help.
Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom