Arabian Cruiser Roll Call (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

HI,
the FJ comes from Taif and the Pagoda from Riad. I started searching already month ago via the web, mainly for Land Cruiser's but always looked a bit left and right, so I found the Pagoda even before the FJ. In between I had an FJ45 troopy transported to Dharhan but returned it after a close look, nothing been matching the description and the seller been rather "creative" on telling stories.
Both cars would need a bit of love, but nothing worring me to much.
Gone look soon for more as I still need an FJ45 Pickup and F55 in my garage :)
Any ideas where to find spares, been already in the scrap yards in the second industrial, man that is a city from themself :confused:
Best regards,
Juergen

Hi,

I'm here posting from Muscat Oman as well being new to the forums.

Recently bought a 1993 FZJ80
5 speed manual
1997 part time 4WD transfer case
1995 i6 4200 engine
So a bit of a Frankenstein

Here are the pics when I bought it

Next week it will go for a full bodywork and paint, as there is some rust on top of the windshield and dents on the body work.
Also the interior clothing cover will be removed and see if the original is still in good condition.
Future upgrade 2.5"lift with 33" BFG's.

Cheers!

Dhahran, EP. Would love to get my hands on a 43/troopy. Even better would be if expats could own 45's...

-Geoff

Hi Geoff. Not sure what you meant by this comment? I'm looking at a 45 right now. Is there an issue with non-nationals owning them? Thanks

Hi Geoff. Not sure what you meant by this comment? I'm looking at a 45 right now. Is there an issue with non-nationals owning them? Thanks
The 45 I'm speaking of is the pickups. Expats can't own pickups but they can own SUVs. So troopys are fine, but pickups aren't.

-Geoff

Hi,

I'm here posting from Muscat Oman as well being new to the forums.

Recently bought a 1993 FZJ80
5 speed manual
1997 part time 4WD transfer case
1995 i6 4200 engine
So a bit of a Frankenstein

Here are the pics when I bought it
View attachment 1904396View attachment 1904397View attachment 1904398View attachment 1904399View attachment 1904400

Next week it will go for a full bodywork and paint, as there is some rust on top of the windshield and dents on the body work.
Also the interior clothing cover will be removed and see if the original is still in good condition.
Future upgrade 2.5"lift with 33" BFG's.

Cheers!
Hi, is this the one the German guys were selling? Let me know if you need any parts/garage hookups, I lived in Muscat for a couple of years too.

Hi, is this the one the German guys were selling? Let me know if you need any parts/garage hookups, I lived in Muscat for a couple of years too.

Hoi Will,

No, I did not buy it from the German's.
However there is one for sale via OLX Oman that was owned by a German previously before the current expat is selling now.

I'm still looking for used spare parts, but haven't been able to find much as the LC's don't breakdown easily.

I'll post some updated pictures of my LC soon.

Don't buy used parts for anything other than body panels! The middle east has super low OEM prices. Issa at Toyota Spare Parts in Ghala was unbelievably helpful when I built my FJ40 (they're just of the main road next to the US school). It's honestly not worth wasting time in Mabella or Wadi Kabir.

Now, after doing research here and on the rest of the internet, I am torn between a 45 troopy and a 78 troopy.
Also, if anyone is looking for FJ40s, I found several Souks out here with them for sale, but I expect they may be in ROUGH shape. Most were closed when I drove by.

Why no pick ups? Gotta love local customs. What gives???

That’s too bad. That’s a nice old FJ45.

Why no pick ups? Gotta love local customs. What gives???

It's a long story that could be discussed around a camp fire.

This law is changing soon I heard.

If you are an expat living in saudi, you could have your sponsor register the car for you on your behalf. If visiting, you can export without registering locally.

Please take all the Nissans out of here and leave our beloved cruisers. lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom