RW Wheel Paint Match? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Markuson

SILVER Star
Threads
Scratched up a couple wheels pretty nicely in Moab last Smmer...

**Has anyone found a *touch-up paint* that closely matches the factory Rock Warrior wheel color?

I don't mind scratching them up, but figure I'd try a bit of touch up paint on the deep scrapes where the color is gone.

If it does NOT match well? -I'd rather have scratches...so just thought I'd ask.

Anyone?

Thanks!

M

IMG_0543.JPG

Good luck dude. I took it to a PPG auto paint store and went though a multitude of Toyota paint codes all of which seemed to be just off - as in it you do one you 'll need to do them all or not pay attention to your OCD-ness

Good luck dude. I took it to a PPG auto paint store and went though a multitude of Toyota paint codes all of which seemed to be just off - as in it you do one you 'll need to do them all or not pay attention to your OCD-ness

OK. Thankfully, my OCD-ness has a *loophole* for TRAIL-INDUCED damage. ;)
-Badges of honor, so to speak...

Without a good match, I suspect it would only look funky. Scratches aren't funky...

Sorta reminds me of when I went to the Fair once with what looked like a fight-induced cut to my face with stitches. I swear guys were looking at me like I might kill them at any moment... haha

Some places have a color scanner that can tell you exactly what color/mix you need and they'll mix it up for you for touch ups.

Ya... I guess I could roll my spare into a paint place and scan it.

Ya... I guess I could roll my spare into a paint place and scan it.

And then share that color mix/code with the rest of us, right? right?

:hillbilly:

Last edited:
Just change the rim

RWs are getting scarce.

I know finding a set in 6 lug has been tougher than I thought. I am trying to avoid going new. I now have 5 RW's for the 200 when I decide what tire to buy it. I have joined the addiction

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom