CRUISER MECHANICS - Listed by State (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

We need to add 4Wheel Parts Accessory Super Center in Post Falls, Idaho for sure. The Store Manager Brandon Ruiz is a top rated Tech with years of wrenching & fab work under his belt as is Brian Larson the Service Manager who also was an Aircraft Mechanic/Electrician in the Navy to boot. These guys are teamed up with the best inventory & knowledge of all the Quality 4X4 Parts available here in the PNW & I gotta admit I lucked out when they opened up shop here in my backyard. In addition Post Falls is also the 4WP's warehouse location and is attached to the sales showroom & the gigantic shop with multiple bays & lifts. They have yet to fail me in all my diff & gear work, bar work & electronics as well. The sales floor & tech personnel in the shop alike are all top notch gear heads that put their customers first. I am not affiliated with them in any way but feel it's my duty to pass this knowledge along to my fellow MUDDERS, they are some of the best I've seen in my 39 yrs of wheelin'. If your in the area check 'em out.

Last edited:
North little rock, AR
Kirk Hurt
Kirks Auto

Guy knows land cruisers of all years and has done great work.

Goodes Offroad in Dallas Tx 10860 Switzer Ave #110 Dallas Tx 75238 469 556 7752
Toyota Lexus master 20 years dealership experience . I specialize on old cruiser's
Www.facebook.com/goodesoffroad

20190601_101845.jpg

Outstanding resource. Just wish there was at least a couple reputable Cruiser mechanics in eastern WA.

Outstanding resource. Just wish there was at least a couple reputable Cruiser mechanics in eastern WA.

Check out The Land Cruiser Shop in Sand point.

Highly recommended from other cruiser fanatics, Glenn has decades of Toyota-specific experience... He went through my entire rig and provided a list of DYI fixes that I could address and he identified and fixed things a bit beyond my scope like a radiator fan clutch and transmission down shift cable.

I now take all my cars there and call for advice... several instances he has offered an opinion that helped me to resolve the issue on my own.

Ask for Glenn.

Advance Auto Center
409 VFW Dr
Rockland, MA 02370
(781)-792-2880

Check out The Land Cruiser Shop in Sand point.
Good thing you mentioned them. A buddy of mine from my work just had the engine in his 62 seize on his way to work this morning (never checked the oil and it ended up burning it all away), so we're towing it out to Sandpoint on Sunday so he can get a replacement engine swapped in. I'll be showing him how to take better care of it....

Good thing you mentioned them. A buddy of mine from my work just had the engine in his 62 seize on his way to work this morning (never checked the oil and it ended up burning it all away), so we're towing it out to Sandpoint on Sunday so he can get a replacement engine swapped in. I'll be showing him how to take better care of it....
Dohhhh terrible news but Woody and Joe will take care of him!

Can anybody make any recommendations for Maine, New Hampshire or Northern MA? I'm in the Portland, ME area and there doesn't seem to be any independent shops that specialize in LC / LX. Please correct me if I'm wrong...

Please add to the list for MN

CarSpec
7565 Corporate Way, Eden Prairie, MN 55344
(952) 426-4798

The owner John is great with Cruisers. Its a one man show right now so he's the only one wrenching. Only uses OEM parts and owns a 200 himself. Accommodating to DIY'ers and runs a helpful blog. CARspec. Although he doesn't specialize in only LC's, it's by far the best shop for 100s & 200s in the Twin Cities.

This is an amazing list thanks. I just bought an '88 FJ62 from BAT.com and need to take it in for what is now a "post-purchase inspection"! :) I can tell I am losing a few ponies, and the A/C needs refreshing, but not sure what else.

Anyone have a recommendation for a preferred shop in the Los Angeles area to do that inspection, and then the follow-on work?

Still nothing for Connecticut huh? Shame cause there is a lot of Land Rover shop all over. When I had them was never an issue finding a indy for whatever I needed. Whether it was codes to read and even used parts to buy.

Shout out to Eric here....he came out to help me with my first-ever knuckle rebuild. It went swimmingly. His expertise is insane. I thought I did my homework but could barely keep up. Good dude - reach out to him w/o hesitation. Just a pleasure to hang out with, work with, and a legit Cruiserhead.
Added to gsheet

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom