4th of July? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Tony_Farson

Club President, Battle Born Cruisers
GOLD Star
Threads
Website
battleborncruisers.com
Hey what does everyone do for the 4th? Has the club ever done an event together? Sierra Stompers is doing King's Canyon-to-Genoa Peak to watch fireworks.

Anyone wanna join me or shall we try to do something as a club?

Have other plans. That sounds fun though. That is a good Stocker run that is fun in the fall during the leaves change. Can go from Spooner summit to Kingsbury grade along the rim trail for a shorter more scenic run.🧨

In past years I have taken Jumbo over to VC, dropping in at the relay tower through Spanish Ravine, then turn left at the big satellite dish and watch the fireworks from on the hill; iirc that turn off is now marked fire road only. It's not a huge fireworks show, but from the hill it happens at near eye level. If that spot is in fact closed, it's still a fun drive into VC to watch the show from the streets, then either take Jumbo home or follow the crowds to the highways.

In past years I have taken Jumbo over to VC, dropping in at the relay tower through Spanish Ravine, then turn left at the big satellite dish and watch the fireworks from on the hill; iirc that turn off is now marked fire road only. It's not a huge fireworks show, but from the hill it happens at near eye level. If that spot is in fact closed, it's still a fun drive into VC to watch the show from the streets, then either take Jumbo home or follow the crowds to the highways.

I have never been on Jumbo. How does one get there. Is it an easier drive than King’s Canyon? With the bigger trip happening Sat/Sun, I’d rather just take it easy this week. So I am rethinking the outing on the 4th.

Jumbo Grade Trail OHV Area
Jumbo Grde, New Washoe City, NV 89704

There are a couple of washouts that I always smack my receiver on. Other than that you can make it as difficult as you want, I did destroy an MTR on one slope where the tire was digging in, and there are optional downslopes that can be a little unnerving. I might go tomorrow evening but won't know for sure until after 7pm.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom