What have you done to your 100 Series this week? (61 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

They look nice for sure, but what purpose do they serve? Genuinely curious

This is how my heater tees were

20190604_161342.jpg

20190604_161409.jpg

I've been trying to find a set of these visors forever. There's a set on eBay but they're asking stupid money for them.

Finally found the translation in Japanese and found a set. Shipped from Japan and oem. Exactly what i wanted.

I ordered a set for my LS430 as they were cheaper to gauge the speed and cost of shipping. Less than a week and it was here!

I got screwed by the seller on the 100 set as he chose to put them in a huge box, which almost doubled the shipping costs. Oh well, still oem, and still cheaper than buying them from eBay US.

The first picture is on my LS, notice how it includes a chrome strip to mimic the factory strip? Says celsior too,a nice jdm touch.

View attachment 2012046

View attachment 2012043

View attachment 2012040

View attachment 2012041

View attachment 2012044
Do you have a link to these? I have the ones from Well Visors but they're a bit dark.

They look nice for sure, but what purpose do they serve? Genuinely curious

1. Vent the windows when parked so the interior doesn't cook. And in Houston it can rain at any moment. I also leave my dogs in the back during the cooler season. Also rain, and dog smell.

2. Vent interior while driving without going deaf. It quiets down wind noise. I'm a smoker as well so it's easier to do so.

3. If you ever plan to sleep in the vehicle cracking the windows open cools the vehicle down on hot nights and keeps it warmer when cold as your breath and body heat doesn't create condensation raising humidity and making it even colder.

4. No rain, snow, etc gets into the car with the windows open a little. You still get a nice breeze.

Bonus, about every land cruiser in Japan has these. And they're JDM, so there's that.

Do you have a link to these? I have the ones from Well Visors but they're a bit dark.

Used buyee as a middle man.

Are these glued to the vehicle? Thanks.

$220 ish? how bad was the shipping cost?

I like those. Too bad it wasnt a profitable product for him to continue making them. Ive wanted a mudflap solution for the back- but the bior bumper kind of gets in the way making the offset too great; not a good fit. I may have to look at a frame mounted kit-

Having played around with these, I do think there is a slightly easier way to install them and possibly reduce costs. The metal brackets he fab'd up are top drawer for sure. I have the BIOR rear bumper and they attached without too much issue. Was really surprised when I just let my intuition run with the install. Was much simpler than I had originally thought.

Replaced driver’s seat lumbar adjustment motor that’s been inop since I bought her last October.

Old:
7E32D94E-EC57-4DF6-9CAD-5562361B6935.jpeg

New:

20B9511C-83FD-451B-85CA-8B4679AF01E5.jpeg

I think you need a new spotter- :frown:

@TRAIL TAILOR sells a cross member & skid combo to replace the factory cross member- might be worth a look; not real expensive and provides skid protection for your next run.

Actually I had a great spotter but when your running with a bunch of guys on 37's or bigger you can expect a little bump here and there. The best part is listening to these guys say " I can't believe where that Toyota goes "

Having played around with these, I do think there is a slightly easier way to install them and possibly reduce costs. The metal brackets he fab'd up are top drawer for sure. I have the BIOR rear bumper and they attached without too much issue. Was really surprised when I just let my intuition run with the install. Was much simpler than I had originally thought.
When you get a chance, maybe you could post a close up pic of how that mudflap fits to the rear wheel well with the bior bumper. Will you be at HIH?

I've been trying to find a set of these visors forever. There's a set on eBay but they're asking stupid money for them.

Finally found the translation in Japanese and found a set. Shipped from Japan and oem. Exactly what i wanted.

I ordered a set for my LS430 as they were cheaper to gauge the speed and cost of shipping. Less than a week and it was here!

I got screwed by the seller on the 100 set as he chose to put them in a huge box, which almost doubled the shipping costs. Oh well, still oem, and still cheaper than buying them from eBay US.

The first picture is on my LS, notice how it includes a chrome strip to mimic the factory strip? Says celsior too,a nice jdm touch.

View attachment 2012046

View attachment 2012043

View attachment 2012040

View attachment 2012041

View attachment 2012044
Looks awesome, need info on your mounts to factory rack for awning please.

Swapped both doors on the passenger side to less rusty doors from a color matched junkyard car. Lost my keys at the junkyard. Added Gentex homelink mirror with garage door opener. Cleaned up the KISS drawers. Started hacking up a 60% rear seat in hopes of making a 40% rear seat (very spendy to ship one from AU). Washed off the last vestiges of ski season.
You buried the lead. You should have led with line two. I assume you found them?

No such luck. Drove 100 miles round trip to have another look, and grab more parts. Upside is that I did find a transponder remote key in the junkyard truck, so I'm only out the cost of the blank (assuming I can pair the new key).

No such luck. Drove 100 miles round trip to have another look, and grab more parts. Upside is that I did find a transponder remote key in the junkyard truck, so I'm only out the cost of the blank (assuming I can pair the new key).
Sorry to hear that, only lost one set of keys ever and it cost me $$$$. Good luck with the replacement key.

$220 ish? how bad was the shipping cost?
$70 something. Compare that to $42 for the Lexus ones. Keep in mind, the only other way to buy them is through an eBay US seller who ships from Japan but your total cost would be around $500, and i think that's too much.

That stupid box in the first picture was the reason. It was 1/3 empty too, just air.
The Lexus ones were bubble wrapped and arrived fine. You get charged by the total circumference of the package, and this box ended up pushing it into the "oversized" category.

Takes about a week from when you win the auction until it gets to your doorstep. Amazing really.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom