New trail at RC Krawling for cops (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
margatefishing.wordpress.com
What is the deal with this new trail it is marked as a blue but I have overheard it has some tricky sections?

HAHAHAHA .... 😵

We did this one by accident before it was a real trail. Nice downhill then a left turn into a real rocky section with a fall off into the trees on the pass side followed by a 90* left turn up a steep incline that almost ripped my pass side mirror off. Aim for the tree at the top of the trail and listen to the spotter and give it a bunch of gas with lockers on.

Then a 90* right turn through 2 trees over 2 large rocks that put you off camber into the tree. This is where Vince lost a flare.

Over a nice rocky section and into a flat. Take a few mins and chill here :smokin:

Down a very steep decline that ends in some larger rocks and a tight right turn over some larger rocks. Then finish up over a couple more larger rocks while pulling forward and backing up 3-6 times to squeeze between some trees that were clearly designed to fit a small Jeep.

Then it drops you off near the lunch area.

Think I pretty much have that one memorized. The trail was short and took 4 trucks ~2 hours to complete and there were no bail out areas, at least when we did it there weren't any.

Concrete barrier at the trail head ... @El Dahs
DSC_0507.jpg

Signs for the trail
DSC_0512.jpg
DSC_0514.jpg

@El Dahs coming down the entrance
DSC_0591.jpg

View of the dropoff as you approach the first set of rocks. Notice the mirror folded in already, a tree did this moments before.
20181110_130811.jpg

Andy heading into the trail
DSC_0515.jpg

DSC_0529.jpg

Vince heading up the steep incline after the sharp left turn and into the sharp right between the trees. The trail is cambered to the pass side here and wants to push you into the tree near the right front of his truck. Vince is right of the main groove in this pic because the trail kept pushing him over that way. You aim at the tree further up on the left and gas it until the spotter says you cleared the tree, then make a 3 point turn at the top to straighten out for the other trees and rocks.
DSC_0602.jpg

An attempt to save Vince's flare ... snatch to a tree, then to Vince and I pull him off the tree while we both move forward. Not a success. The tree to my left front is the aiming point and the trail pushes you to the pass side as you climb, or at least it did on this day.
20181110_123043.jpg

Hard to really see just how steep this decline was, but it is more steep than the entrance. Then the rock garden at the bottom and make a sharp right turn around the dead tree to bigger rocks and a sharp left just past where you can see Andy and Avi standing.
20181110_140935.jpg

Good description and interesting pictures but- where is the trial? Where do you enter and where does it exit?

Good description and interesting pictures but- where is the trial? Where do you enter and where does it exit?
It is on the south property. Exit is next to the lunch spot. Entrance is ?

Let's run it at Coal Miner!

That was a fun day....
"Hey let's check out this trail looks cool!"
"Ugh what did we get ourselves into"
"No way out...."
"Anyone have a chainsaw"
"Wait, well go this way"

Fun times, good trail at the beginning at least, hopefully they have polished up some of the rougher spots.

The trail is on the new paper maps and I believe there is a name plaque like for Ta-Tas at the trail head now too.

We started off making jokes about having a chainsaw when Vince was leaning into the tree at the top, then we were all seriously considering it when we got near the exit by the big rocks and trying to do a 5 point turn between more trees when you could see the lunch spot 50yds off to the right just past a few small trees. Combined with the fact that the trail wasn't really established at that time, so Andy and Avi were sort of guessing where it should come out.

Not sure I'm in on that one again if you do it at coal mine ... still have flashbacks and can't believe I came out without damage.

Maybe it’s more broken in by now? I’m curious not too many blue trails carry the stigma of carnage, my personal vendetta is with trail 13( broke a cv) and the obstacle yellow jacket( got very hung up and denied)

I remember at the top before the dropoff a branch from some stubby bush snagged my driver side rear flare and daintily popped it off.

Maybe it’s more broken in by now? I’m curious not too many blue trails carry the stigma of carnage, my personal vendetta is with trail 13( broke a cv) and the obstacle yellow jacket( got very hung up and denied)
Good times. You were about ready to loose your mind. Good thing JJ wasn't along that day. That was pre little truck too. ;) I'm glad Hunter was there too and was able to run for a CV.

I'm going to bring my electric chain saw.

What model chainsaw do you have? do you like it?

I'm looking to get a battery saw 12" or 16" but not sure which one.

Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom