Rock sliders for 2016 Land Cruiser help (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I am building a land cruiser for a client, and I am having a very hard time finding rock sliders or rock bars that are in stock ready to ship from anyone. I just need them to look good and be reasonably priced. Anyone have any recommendations?

Metaltech had mine in stock when I ordered, and the parts themselves are great. Give them a call if you haven’t already.

I think Slee is backordered at the moment for a week or two. This is what I was told by Eric Sarjeant, who is doing a build for me right now.

Slees are the beefiest for sure. They are backordered but will be back in-stock in the next two weeks. ARBs are always available too, much easier install as they mount in the same holes are the factory running boards. Bud Built, Metal Tech, Dissent, and others are fantastic but built to order and could be 4-8+week lead time.

Slees are the beefiest for sure. They are backordered but will be back in-stock in the next two weeks. ARBs are always available too, much easier install as they mount in the same holes are the factory running boards. Bud Built, Metal Tech, Dissent, and others are fantastic but built to order and could be 4-8+week lead time.
I had the ARB Summit Side Steps in my Tacoma. If true sliders aren’t required, that’s the way to go.

I just got the BudBuilts on, and they are perfect. You can't really even see them from a profile view, since they tuck so well. Install was easy all by myself, although it did take about 6 hours including cleaning and fighting to get some bolts to grab the threads (having 3 hands would have been an awesome birth defect in this regard). If your guy can wait, he'll be happier in the long run.

I removed the SLEE ones and fitted these. Way better, stronger and lighter as well
27265429_10155278116133181_1636587685_o.jpg
27292702_1641930689199529_653607671_n.jpg
27294459_1641931689199429_765172291_n.jpg

I am building a land cruiser for a client, and I am having a very hard time finding rock sliders or rock bars that are in stock ready to ship from anyone. I just need them to look good and be reasonably priced. Anyone have any recommendations?

To the OP...
Sounds like you are in a hurry?
Does the user intend to slide on them?
Sounds like he doesn’t?

If you son’t care about impact strength...and just need fast & inexpensive as you say...might contact an ARB vendor (Slee, Cruiser Outfitters, Valley Hybrids) as ARB has a pretty decent warehouse, and may have them ready to ship here in US.

But I hope you’ll be clear to the customer that they aren’t particularly strong for rock sliding & major impacts.

ARB dont make sliders, they make steps. HUGE differance
I would disagree, the ARB Summit slider steps are more than just steps. Just not near as strong as others mentioned above. I’m sure they’re fine for most overlanders and offer good protection to the doors and rocker panels. If your going to be crawling, that’s another story.. I’m 6’4” so I hate any kind of “step” as they only make my pants wet when I hop out of my vehicle. But vertically challenged people tend to like/need that step for daily use, especially when lifted. As @Markuson said, find out about their use. If they need the step, your options are few (especially if on a time crunch). Slee sliders-steps cost less that ARB too and double the strength. I know Bud Builts are offered with the step option too. MetalTech has the bumpout in the rear that a kid could use to climb in. Good luck.

ARB dont make sliders, they make steps. HUGE differance

That’s what I meant by not expecting them to take big hits or serve as major rock sliders. The OP mentioned *looks & availability.*

By the way... ARB does imply protection in their marketing. I personally do not consider them adequate as protection...but that wasn’t what the OP seemed to be concerned with.

Last edited:
As I recall, @cruiseroutfit runs the ARB steps on his personal rig and reports they serve his needs well...

I’m still a BudBuilt slider/step fan, but realize the wait time may not work for OP.

Depending on how tight of a time schedule you are white knuckle might be able to help you. Their website says something like 6 weeks or so. But I called and asked if there is any way to speed the process since I needed them for a trip. They were at my doorstep within 3 weeks.

As I recall, @cruiseroutfit runs the ARB steps on his personal rig and reports they serve his needs well...

I’m still a BudBuilt slider/step fan, but realize the wait time may not work for OP.

Ya. My intention was to neither praise nor bash the ARB‘s. I was simply addressing what the OP said he needed quickly. Didn’t sound like big hits were a priority.

Yeah I must agree that the ARB rails are great at:
Overloading use where impacts are rare and light (I mean Expeditions 7 travelled around the whole world with them, so success.
Reality available
Reasonably priced
Looks pretty good if you ask me.

Sounds like that would meet the intent of this “turn key” Toyota future user that the dealer is asking about.

Probably the best option compared to the rest of the field, that includes my own BudBuilt slider which is dedicated to being the strongest and most functional slider available than the cheapest and sitting on shelves.

There is no “best” anything, just what’s best for that individual, and I think the ARB rails are the best option for this driver.

I removed the SLEE ones and fitted these. Way better, stronger and lighter as well View attachment 2010530

Interested to know why you say those are stronger since the mounting pretty much mimics ours and since you had both, would be interested to see where we could improve based on that design.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom