Cascade Cruisers - Club Chat (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I'm down in Eugene, having moved here from Arizona a couple of years ago. My HJ60 was out of action until recently (see my signature block at the bottom, and you can guess why). But now back underway (mostly), and came across Cascade Cruisers as the closest local Oregon group to connect up with, as I get everything more trail-ready again.

Hoping to make it up for your meet on June 20th to introduce myself, and share my crazy-mixed-up, soy-burnin' LC. I'll be getting off work about 5:00 in Eugene, so I might be a little after 7:00 getting to Tigard. Looking forward to it...

PS: A pic my daughter took on our trip to Moab in March, on the way up to Hurrah Pass... (we're trying to decide which color to paint it from the test colors on the door)

View attachment 1999347

Sounds like quite a rig! I look forward to meeting you and seeing your Frankenstein.

I'm double-booked tonight with a friend's birthday, but I will be watching for the next one. Sad to miss BBQ and Cruiser chat.

I'm double-booked tonight with a friend's birthday, but I will be watching for the next one. Sad to miss BBQ and Cruiser chat.

Sorry to have missed you! Hopefully we will see you next month!

On my way up from Eugene. Hope to be there by 7:30

It was great to meet you and see your cool 60!

It was great meeting all you yesterday! Thanks for the hospitality @tonsofun and @CreeperSleeper, and the fun chats outside later...
Glad to share my soy-juice-burner 60 with you all. Did it smell like french fries as I drove off?... :cool:
Looking forward to getting back up there for another meet this summer, and possibly for the Friday gathering before Cruisin' The Woods in September!

I'm looking for a 60 OR 80 series full floating rear axle? Any body want to part with one? I dont need the third.

When is the next meeting? I would like to meet fellow Cruiserheads. Here for a few months from Atlanta.

It was great meeting all you yesterday! Thanks for the hospitality @tonsofun and @CreeperSleeper, and the fun chats outside later...
Glad to share my soy-juice-burner 60 with you all. Did it smell like french fries as I drove off?... :cool:
Looking forward to getting back up there for another meet this summer, and possibly for the Friday gathering before Cruisin' The Woods in September!
It was great meeting you and getting to see your cool Veggie-Cruiser! Definitely got hungry again as you drove off!
We look forward to having you join us for CTW2019! The friday run is always a laid back good time on the trail.

When is the next meeting? I would like to meet fellow Cruiserheads. Here for a few months from Atlanta.
Hi Ryno! The next Meet n Greet is next Thursday, the 18th of July at 7PM. It will be at Busters BBQ in Tigard, on 99W just off I-5.
We hope to see you there!

Man... I have been even more of a ghost on mud than usual lately with work so busy... at least the ol 80 has been seeing some rock on the job site! Even got to bust out some straps the other day to recover a boom lift sank in the soft dirt!

Hi Ryno! The next Meet n Greet is next Thursday, the 18th of July at 7PM. It will be at Busters BBQ in Tigard, on 99W just off I-5.
We hope to see you there!

Man... I have been even more of a ghost on mud than usual lately with work so busy... at least the ol 80 has been seeing some rock on the job site! Even got to bust out some straps the other day to recover a boom lift sank in the soft dirt!
Thanks for the update. Will see you guys there!
Here is a pic of my 40, taken today. In the process of a complete frame off restomod.

2UZ.4.jpg

2UZ in a 40! That's going to be a blast man.

@CreeperSleeper is there a process to join Cascade Cruisers for those of us not on Facebook? I feel like I miss out on the announcements and therefore the events too often.

@CreeperSleeper is there a process to join Cascade Cruisers for those of us not on Facebook? I feel like I miss out on the announcements and therefore the events too often.

Cascade Cruisers isn't a "Facebook club"... As you can see we have a hard time being a forum club too. :lol: You don't need to be on Facebook or the forum to join Cascade Cruisers. The main form of communication is at the monthly meeting. Those are held every 3rd Thursday of the month at Buster's BBQ in Tigard starting at 7pm. Also, we are in the process of getting our website/forum back up and running, which will help.

I hit this up on the 60s forum but I guess this is the place.
Just bought a 1 acre lot east of Crater Lake with a well. There’s other lots available. Most bare lots are about 7-8K. My buddy Travis and I bagged one for $6500, I actually scored a 60’ well drilled in 2012. Such a nice area. Crater Lake N. entrance and Diamond Lake are about. 1/2 hr away.
Here’s a video of the lot I took last Saturday.

Hope to start getting get togethers there and plan some wheeling trips and campouts. To start I need to just plan how to layout the property.

It is right off HWY 97. Year round residents so the roads are plowed in winter. My first goal is to get the property fenced and install well pump and an old fashion manual hand pump. Then a pole barn and eventually a decent sized cabin.

That sounds like a good plan. Did I catch in the video you showing a conduit that’s a power install, or is it totally off grid?

Unrelated question for local folks- I’ll need new tires on our Volvo XC90 if we keep it thru the winter, looking at the Toyo Open Country vs the Nokian Rotiiva. The main drivers are wet and snow traction and decent longevity since this car won’t get dedicated winter tires but is a daily driver otherwise. Anyone use these in a non-Land Cruiser size?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom