joining the club (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

BadReligion

SILVER Star
Threads
Well I'm committed to a 200 now as I just sold my pristine 2011 E90 M3 (20k mi) and need something to make me feel whole again. This all started in Cruise Moab a few weeks ago when I had a chance to see a few 200s in action. I was thoroughly impressed with how capable they are on the trail while also being a practical family hauler and DD. @Markuson took his 200 up pretty much every line I tackled with my 80 on 37"s and gave me a good case of "200 envy."

At the conclusion of Cruise Moab, my family grew by 1 and I quickly realized that our current family vehicle (Merc G63 AMG) is very capable at hauling ass, but woefully inadequate at hauling two kids in car seats. After looking at both the G63 and M3 in the garage, I came to the painful conclusion that one had to go. I was the original owner of the M3 since I ordered it in 2011. Because of the climate in Reno, it sat in the garage 6 months out of the year and therefore only got driven maybe a few thousand miles a year. Even less as I got more into cruisers. It had become too nice to daily drive, and also too nice to beat up on the track. As much as I would have liked to keep it for long term storage, I just didn't have the space. Surprisingly, low mile M3 sedans w/o a sunroof or nav are very sought after and worth almost what I paid for it new 8 years ago. That made the decision easy, the M3 had to go, and it didn't take long to make that happen.

I don't have the 200 yet but am looking for a 2016 to 2017 in blue or magnetic gray. Trying to stay under 30k mi and $70k. No east coast vehicles. It seems like 80% on autotrader are either white or black so it may take a month or two to find what I am looking for. Per the wife, I cant mod it until our youngest is 4. Fair enough as I have the 80 and 100. Plus I can now do a mild build on the G63. Looking forward to adding a 200 to the family! I'll post up some pics when its actually in the garage. In the meantime, plenty of reading to do in the 200 section as I know 80s and 100s well, but have a lot to learn about the 200.

Welcome, my friend!!

It’s very fun to hear that you were convinced of the 200’s capabilities—not by claims or promises, but by personally seeing the 200 in action. I don’t even have lockers yet...so you saw what it could do without them.

Enjoyed wheeling with you, and marveled at the crazy set of beefy tires on your 80.

Looking forward to more trails with you in the future.

Congrats on your new baby(!!) and thanks for mailing the radio back. :)

Markuson

PS. Yes...I took photos of your crazy, bead-locked wheels & tires...

That’s some BEEF!
64692FE2-A1D9-47D1-95C6-1D3E11B94C62.jpeg

Last edited:
Well I'm committed to a 200 now as I just sold my pristine 2011 E90 M3 (20k mi) and need something to make me feel whole again. This all started in Cruise Moab a few weeks ago when I had a chance to see a few 200s in action. I was thoroughly impressed with how capable they are on the trail while also being a practical family hauler and DD. @Markuson took his 200 up pretty much every line I tackled with my 80 on 37"s and gave me a good case of "200 envy."

At the conclusion of Cruise Moab, my family grew by 1 and I quickly realized that our current family vehicle (Merc G63 AMG) is very capable at hauling ass, but woefully inadequate at hauling two kids in car seats. After looking at both the G63 and M3 in the garage, I came to the painful conclusion that one had to go. I was the original owner of the M3 since I ordered it in 2011. Because of the climate in Reno, it sat in the garage 6 months out of the year and therefore only got driven maybe a few thousand miles a year. Even less as I got more into cruisers. It had become too nice to daily drive, and also too nice to beat up on the track. As much as I would have liked to keep it for long term storage, I just didn't have the space. Surprisingly, low mile M3 sedans w/o a sunroof or nav are very sought after and worth almost what I paid for it new 8 years ago. That made the decision easy, the M3 had to go, and it didn't take long to make that happen.

I don't have the 200 yet but am looking for a 2016 to 2017 in blue or magnetic gray. Trying to stay under 30k mi and $70k. No east coast vehicles. It seems like 80% on autotrader are either white or black so it may take a month or two to find what I am looking for. Per the wife, I cant mod it until our youngest is 4. Fair enough as I have the 80 and 100. Plus I can now do a mild build on the G63. Looking forward to adding a 200 to the family! I'll post up some pics when its actually in the garage. In the meantime, plenty of reading to do in the 200 section as I know 80s and 100s well, but have a lot to learn about the 200.

Welcome and nice to see ya here! LMK if you want to test drive or check out anything on my 2016 as I’ll be passing through Reno sometime in the next week or two, hopefully.

You should be able to to get an 18 at the upper end of your budget or a 16 and add a lift and sliders before bringing it home. You just tell your wife it came that way when you bought it. Don't make the mistake of bringing it home stock first.

My buddy did that with his Jeep. He knew if he added $2,500 in wheels and tires after bringing it home his wife would go out and buy a $3k dinning table and he would end up spending almost $6k.

Congrats! I am sure you and the family will be happy with the 200. For the record, in September 2019 I paid $59.6K for my 2016 from a Toyota dealer, 23K miles, AZ rig, single owner, CPO. I'm sure you can find simething in your budget and boundary conditions.

Welcome, my friend!!

It’s very fun to hear that you were convinced of the 200’s capabilities—not by claims or promises, but by personally seeing the 200 in action. I don’t even have lockers yet...so you saw what it could do without them.

Enjoyed wheeling with you, and marveled at the crazy set of beefy tires on your 80.

Markuson

That’s some BEEF!

Thanks! I could have sworn your 200 was at least locked in the rear if not both! It sure wheeled like it was locked. Good times at Moab! I think the 200 will get a more "mild" set of tires. Ha. Hope to wheel with you again.

Welcome and nice to see ya here! LMK if you want to test drive or check out anything on my 2016 as I’ll be passing through Reno sometime in the next week or two, hopefully.

Thanks Cole. Your 200 and @Mendocino 's 200's also helped influence my decision. If I don't have one when you drive through, give me a call or text at 775-323-9125. We test drove a LX 570 years ago but my wife has not been in a '16+ LC. If you are driving yours, that must mean it is fixed!

You should be able to to get an 18 at the upper end of your budget or a 16 and add a lift and sliders before bringing it home. You just tell your wife it came that way when you bought it. Don't make the mistake of bringing it home stock first.

My buddy did that with his Jeep. He knew if he added $2,500 in wheels and tires after bringing it home his wife would go out and buy a $3k dinning table and he would end up spending almost $6k.

That's too funny, exactly the kind of logic my wife would use. I think I have to keep this stock"ish" for a bit.

Nice work Kristian. :)

Thanks Onur! I feel like everything the 100 does well (and I love my 100), the 200 just takes it to the next level. Excited to add one to the mix. And finally, a US cruiser with more than enough power.

My buddy @SCTrojan44 has a mint magnetic grey 16 with terra interior, rock warriors, and warranty for sale here in Denver. I’ll shoot you a PM with a link.

Thanks! Like the idea of Toyota CPO.

Congrats! I am sure you and the family will be happy with the 200. For the record, in September 2019 I paid $59.6K for my 2016 from a Toyota dealer, 23K miles, AZ rig, single owner, CPO. I'm sure you can find simething in your budget and boundary conditions.

That's good to know. I just saw a 2018 for $69k, but in VT so I think there are some deals out there if I can wait a few weeks. My wife saw a few pics of your 200 and likes the Brandywine Mica so we may have to add that to our list of approved colors.

Welcome to the party! If you ever make it down to Vegas you can check out my 2017. Its such a capable vehicle and I am consistently surprised with its performance. Good hunting!

Welcome, my friend!!

Markuson

That’s some BEEF!
View attachment 1985625

This man loves him some tire photos 📸

So I officially have a Land Cruiser problem. This is now my 4th cruiser and brings the current total in possession to 3.

I gave up looking for a lightly used one since I really wanted Blue/Terra and there are hardly any out there in that color combo. Ended up purchasing a new '19 locally for a fair price. This is the new family hauler and my wife absolutely loves it. I have never seen her get excited about a vehicle before. That also means I probably wont get to drive it much. This thing is going to be awesome for road trips and family adventures while also being a comfortable and safe daily driver for my wife. This is the first cruiser I have ever purchased brand new and am looking forward to one day passing it down to one of the kids (in 15+ years and 200k+ miles).

Plan is to keep it pretty much stock for a while, other than installing a pedal commander that is already ordered and maybe a 14gal aux tank. I have a built 80 and 100 so no need to mod another.

Blue Onyx looks awesome and changes colors depending on angle and light.

48100366481_3dd511fea1_b.jpg

The "cruiser" family

48100373801_7343fffd65_b.jpg

Last edited:
Welcome

I notice lots of guys I originally met (Internet friend) in the 40's section, then the 80's section, then the 100's section and now here

It is a logical progression :D

Welcome

I notice lots of guys I originally met (Internet friend) in the 40's section, then the 80's section, then the 100's section and now here

It is a logical progression :D

Thanks. I agree, my first cruiser was a FJ 62, then the 80, 100, and now 200. I really want another FJ 62 and eventually a 40 so I may have to start working backwards.

...I fear this will not end well for me. 😭

A 200 in the garage is a favorable outcome, no matter what it takes to get it there. The family will love it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom