Wiring diagram for factory FJ55 A/C (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

cruiser_guy

Out of Africa / North Africa
Threads
Website
join-hands-for-hope-helping-people-help-themselves.mailchimpsites.com
I picked up a factory A/C setup (from a '79 FJ55) for the FJ55 but my OEM manual does not show anything for A/C on an FJ55. Anyone have the wiring diagram? I also need to know the purpose of the wire from the coil/distributor. Is this to tell the A/C the truck is operating or what? This FJ55 will be 3B diesel powered so there will NOT be a coil or distributor on it! I assume there must also be a relay somewhere in the fan circuit to enable A/C once the fan is running or does the A/C switch turn the fan on?

This is the OEM factory A/C setup (Nippondenso) NOT an aftermarket one like Vintage Air.

I've got one for an FJ40. It's a big file (236KB) but I can e-mail it to you if you'd like.

Dave

Dave,

Send it on over. My e-mail addy should be in my profile.

This is so rare, at least in Canada, that the parts guys (who are 'Cruiser fans as well) had never heard of it!
I got an A/C install booklet for a BJ60 from them last year when I retrofitted FJ60 A/C into my BJ60, and that's a rare option as well.

CG,

SOR has a seperate A/C manual for Fj55's. I bought one last year when I had my sights on a 79FJ55. Ended up buying a 78FJ55 w/o AC - so if you want it I'd be glad to copy it and drop it in the mail. You'll probably need some sort of amplifier for your diesel hook-up and I'm sure that the manual that I have won't cover that portion. Let me know.

Ming

Ming89FJ62,
That would be most helpful. I know about the amplifier as I needed a diesel one for my BJ60 as well. I just have NO info on the FJ55 A/C option (just all the parts for it :) ).
PM or e-mail me and I'll give you my address.

I picked up a factory A/C setup (from a '79 FJ55) for the FJ55 but my OEM manual does not show anything for A/C on an FJ55. Anyone have the wiring diagram? I also need to know the purpose of the wire from the coil/distributor. Is this to tell the A/C the truck is operating or what? This FJ55 will be 3B diesel powered so there will NOT be a coil or distributor on it! I assume there must also be a relay somewhere in the fan circuit to enable A/C once the fan is running or does the A/C switch turn the fan on?

This is the OEM factory A/C setup (Nippondenso) NOT an aftermarket one like Vintage Air.

Anyone ever find the wiring diagram for the factory A/C?

marshall@828rugs.com

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom