Anyone refer a good mechanic? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Just bought my first Toyota -- dream ride 200 series LC. I've found that there are often one or two local mechanics that cut their teeth in the dealership world, then set up their own shops and became the "go to" experts for servicing specialized vehicles. Are there any independent mechanics in the KC area that are experts with LCs? Anyone that you long-term members are comfortable referring for a newbie?

I have had some good luck with SK Mechanic in Olathe. Ask for Mark, he has LC knowledge, not sure about the 200 series, but may be worth a look.
Good luck

What are you having done to it? Mechanically, it’s going to be very similar to a tundra and sequoia so you have that going for you. Anything “land cruiser” specific, you may want post up here and/or look at the 200 series forum before getting too deep.

@1MAC has a 200 and is knowledgeable on the platform.

What are you having done to it? Mechanically, it’s going to be very similar to a tundra and sequoia so you have that going for you. Anything “land cruiser” specific, you may want post up here and/or look at the 200 series forum before getting too deep.

@1MAC has a 200 and is knowledgeable on the platform. I will reach out to @1mac.
Thanks very much. Of course, dealing with KDSS lean. Special situation there — thinking about going to Slee in Denver for that. Locally, just basic stuff — fluids, brakes, squeaks and rattles. Thanks again

Thanks very much. Of course, dealing with KDSS lean. Special situation there — thinking about going to Slee in Denver for that. Locally, just basic stuff — fluids, brakes, squeaks and rattles. Thanks again

The 4runner, GX460, and the Land Cruiser 200 Series have KDSS either standard or as an option. If you can turn a wrench, you can find out how to do it on Slee's webpage (or here on Mud). Link below.

Alternatively, you could call Adventure Motors (they have mixed reviews for sales) to see who they have service their rigs. They sell enough of the 4runners, they've probably come across one with the KDSS lean. The dealerships (Molle, as an example) might be another resource since they probably run into KDSS issues more so than an independent mechanic.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom