North Meadow Creek 6/16 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

JohnnyOshow22

KK0TEQ
Threads
Spur of the moment fishing trip was planned last night with my roomate. The intended destination was supposed to be sureshot lake and then all of a sudden when we hit the Y to either sureshot or north meadow creek my 80 veered left and we were on our way up to twin lakes :clap:

I really didnt think we would make it that far and then we made it to the first bridge, then the second, the third and eventually to the Y that splits the trail to Mckelvey or Twin lakes. At the Y we took a right towards Twin. Shortly after the Y I nearly made it through a pretty decent snow bank and bogged down and promptly got stuck. Out came the winch to get me through the last 2 feet and we kept going.

IMG_20190616_101109.jpg

Made it about 15 more minutes and hit a tree over the road. I probably could gotten over it but with my luck Id puncture a tire or something so out came the chainsaw in form of an axe... we definitely left the chainsaw at home... a few swings later and we were moving again.

IMG_20190616_193500_233.jpg

A mile or so past where we axed the tree we came across two more trees that we decided cutting with an axe wasnt an option so we through on our waders and hiked up to the lakes. Where we got shut down was about ten minutes walking distance from lower twin and 30-40 minutes from upper twin. We got some fishing in and had an awesome time

IMG_20190616_145255.jpg

IMG_20190616_120307.jpg

MVIMG_20190616_134741.jpg

The blue dot is where we left the 80 and started walking

Screenshot_20190616-112449.png

MVIMG_20190616_123624.jpg

Upper lake was still very iced and snowed in. It will be at least three weeks or so until anyone with a full sized rig could make it up there. Snow is still really deep in a lot of places.

IMG_20190616_133418 (1).jpg

MVIMG_20190616_142913.jpg

Looks like fun Johnny!

Yeah, after last season I bought a used Stihl chainsaw at a pawnshop for clearing trails.

An axe is romantic, a chainsaw is fast.

Looks like fun Johnny!

Yeah, after last season I bought a used Stihl chainsaw at a pawnshop for clearing trails.

An axe is romantic, a chainsaw is fast.
My roommate has a Stihl and I'm looking at it right now as I type this lol

It failed to make it into the cruiser unfortunately

Great post. This is what I built my 80 for. Trail rides are fun but "getting in places" is really why I own the truck.

A few of us drove up to twin lakes a year or two ago. Love it up there.

Wife and I are planning to go up there next weekend and camp. I'll pack a saw.
Sam I wouldn't bet on making it to the lower lake next weekend even if you cut those trees down you probably won't be able to get through the snow. If we had cut them down I would've had to park it about 300 yards after those trees.

We're going back up on Sunday morning to fish so if you do make it to the lower lake then I'll see you there!

Good to know. Maybe we'll just try sureshot instead.
Might as well try it. From the trailhead it only took us 40 minutes to make it to where we got shut down so if you don't make it it's only 2 hours of time

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom