60s on Film (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

We should also mention the 40 that Hammond drives in the Top Gear special where they drove across part of South America. Though easily one very thrashed 40.

Last edited:
Transformers has a whole chase sequence in a 60.... what a horrendous escape vehicle but whatever.

They even cut TWO sunroofs so they could do special camera shots looking up at the transformers above them. Pretty cool actually.

Screen Shot 2019-05-30 at 1.38.08 AM.png

12 Strong - true story about an elite group of special operators who go after terrorists shortly after 9/11. It stars the guy who plays "Thor". The 60's are near the end. The chase scene at the end has a lifted 60, driven by the bad guy, trying to get away from the good guys.

The 3rd season of Lethal Weapon tv series... the character Wesley Cole (replacement for Martin Riggs) drives a 62.

i001187308.jpg

I think EVERY episode of SEAL Team (on CBS) has 6x/7x/8x in it.

check out what i just spotted while watching a BBC Top Gear deleted scenes and outtakes from one of their long episodes

51st dates Adam Sandler and Drew Barrymore
Movie they use a red and white FJ55 (pig) in a crash scene.

Watching the Women's World Cup and saw this Boost Mobile commercial. It flashes for about a half a second, but I spotted it right away.
IMG_20190609_163320.jpg

check out what i just spotted while watching a BBC Top Gear deleted scenes and outtakes from one of their long episodes

I was an on-track extra when they did their big tour of the US about ten years ago. in one episode they found their way to ViR and did some hot laps.

Those dudes were such prima donnas. Couldn't go anywhere near them. It was absurd. The BBC crew wasn't much better.

We were promised Top Gear swag for doing the event, and it never showed up. This is as close as anybody got to the "stars" of the show, other than on track, where the editors made it look like they were rock star drivers. lol

Those dudes were such prima donnas. Couldn't go anywhere near them. It was absurd. The BBC crew wasn't much better.

dude...you're killing me!! that's like telling me there is no santa claus!! i've seen every single episode of BBC top gear - and i've laughed my ass-off an awful lot watching that show...but knowing that the show died because Jezza punched a producer in the face - it doesn't surprise me to hear your first hand account.

still ....no santa??? WTF?? :frown:

Last edited:
I’m watching an old River Monsters - Jeremy is in Ontario just west of Dryden driving
A beautiful red FJ62. Anyone know who’s it might be?

dude...you're killing me!! that's like telling me there is no santa clause!! i've seen every single episode of BBC top gear - and i've laughed my ass-off an awful lot watching that show...but knowing that the show died because Jezza punched a producer in the face - it doesn't surprise me to hear your first hand account.

still ....no santa??? WTF?? :frown:

LOL. Sorry. You can still hang on to the Easter Bunny and the Tooth Fairy.

There was definitely an expectation gap for the people who came to drive that day.

The three of them didn't even drive their cars to the track or down into the paddock fro where they were shooting that wake-up scene. You'd kinda expect them to at least show some interest in being around people who are really into cars. But no.

In the end, it was a free day of track time. And I didn't have as bad of a day as the other guy who brought a Lotus... he managed to land it on top of the tire wall on the outside of Turn 10. #Ouch #ThatWontBuffOut

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom