What are you working on? (4 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I also like that depending on how mad my wife gets at me when she finds out I bought it, I could flip it to @Crusha !

Nothing wrong with making a fast $100...

Coming along nicely.

20190609_101626.jpg

20190609_104926.jpg

20190609_104843.jpg

Ok, question for the peanut gallery - I mentioned last week I had my parking brake dragging after adjustment. Took another stab at it this weeked. After fiddling with it, it seems like my options are to have it engage and JUST BARELY hold on level ground (will not hold on a slight hill) OR - one adjuster position later, it engages, but then doesn't disengage enough to prevent it from dragging.

Completely rebuilt the parking brake with all new components last year, except shoes since they weren't oily and had plenty of meat.

Am i missing something?

how many clicks can you get before engagement?

Cant quite remember - I believe I have 1-2 clicks left when it’s adjusted to the point that the brake engages well when the lever is pulled, it drags when disengaged to the point engine temperatures start to rise.

One click looser (so 2-3 from maxed out) and the brake engages, but not enough to really hold the truck.

Ah sorry did you mean notches left on the hand brake? If so it engages at about 8 notches out - right where it should, from my understanding. I was referring to adjustment “notches” left on the shoe adjustment cam.

Been a long time since I've spent any time on the truck, but I managed to clean up the front end a bit. Ditched the silly light bar and bumper hoop.

Continuing on with cleaning up unnecessary wiring in the engine bay and hopefully finding what's causing huge parasitic draw.

Big decision to make regarding plate for the new truck!

LANDCRZ

FJ-FORTY

74 FJ40

CRUSHA (I double checked, it's available!)

only 4 characters allowed for antique vanity.

Really? That seems silly, and limiting. The state could rake in so much more with allowing additional characters.

That being said, my suggestions are:

Deleted...

I always wanted to have a 55 to go with my 40 so my tags could be “LILPIG” and “BIGPIG”

I scheduled an appointment at Red Run exhaust on Monday to get a new stainless system installed. A quick search suggests the stock routing is a bit closer to the DS frame rail?

361.JPG

Does anyone have any advice or better yet link to suggested routing/plan for a new catback? The guys at RR are good, when I took my Bronco into them I had printed out a few photos from the web and they basically made it happen.

Yes, I know I can search, but I figure to the already-40-savvy folks this would be a softball question.

Thank you!

364.JPG

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom