Joint Club Run? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Tony_Farson

Club President, Battle Born Cruisers
GOLD Star
Threads
Website
battleborncruisers.com
Hey Fellas! So @hairy_apple (AKA Ryan) is the president of his local TLC club and wants to do a joint run with us. Their club is based out of Auburn. My pics of Dog Valley, Verdi, and Stampede made them want to do a weekend up there.

I won't be at the meeting June 13 due to work, but wanted to suggest this run for sometime in July. Looks like a toss up between July 6/7 or 29/30. The main run takes about 4-6 hours, but they are thinking about camping and doing some more trails on Sunday. I personally plan to get some guys to peel off with me to try to hit at least three peaks. Peavine, Lady Bug, Verdi, and maybe Babbit.

There are several campgrounds in the area including Lookout, Dog Valley, Logger, and Boyington Mill. Logger and Boyington are more formal and fee based, while Lookout and Dog Valley are free camping. There is also an unmarked campsite at Lat: 39.52177 / Lon: -120.06795 just off FR72 that I am keen to check out.

There are several places where we can break and folks can try different sections of trial and explore, then pick up the caravan to Stampede or a campsite. Stampede has good fishing, swimming, boating and after several trips the most people I have seen at once is about 5. Very secluded.

Anyway, the whole club is welcome or just individuals. Ryan Apple is a cool dude and fun to hang out with and I am certain his fellow club members are too.

I think Ryans FJ40 in down with his engine rebuild. Unsure what he is driving. My guess is there are some crawlers in the group but not sure how many. The group just started up after a long hiatus. Tony may know more than me.

I would like to go however I am out of town the sixth and seventh weekend but the 29th sounds good to me of July

I think Ryans FJ40 in down with his engine rebuild. Unsure what he is driving. My guess is there are some crawlers in the group but not sure how many. The group just started up after a long hiatus. Tony may know more than me.
It would be nice to do a FJ40 Fordyce run again.

I saw him and it today. He plans to have it done in the next two weeks.

Ryans truck looks Fordyce worthy, any other crawlers in their group?

He said about half of their 20 club members have crawlers, the other half are stockers or moderate trail rigs.

Oh hey guys...

Yeah, I am not 100% my 40 with be ready in time. I am, with our LX450... unless I finish the 40 and then it might be a good first offroad run. I know at least one or two others said they were in, I finally remembered to email everyone last night. I suspect there will be quite a few interested.

My 40 won't be Fordyce ready this year... I didn't have the budget for gearing yet, so I will have stock FJ60 gearing (split case and 4 speed) on 35s. Not going to be great, but next year it will get a 5 speed and the 4:1 gearset. I already had soooo much tired up into the 3FE swap I couldn't do another $5K for the transmission, gears, and labor.

Hey Tony,

Once you have the dates that work for most, let me know and I'll post up the run info. Your going to be the trail leader if that is OK. It was a mixed bag at the meeting on who could go on what dates etc. I am tied up every weekend in July except the 6/7th. And I would probably just run with you during the day and hang for the campfire then head home and not camp.

Hey Tony, Once you have the dates that work for most, let me know and I'll post up the run info. Your going to be the trail leader if that is OK. It was a mixed bag at the meeting on who could go on what dates etc. I am tied up every weekend in July except the 6/7th. And I would probably just run with you during the day and hang for the campfire then head home and not camp.

Thanks Mark! Ok so his group has 4 confirmed rigs but he thinks more may go. So July 6-7 it is! I'm happy to lead the procession.

We can meet at 9AM at the Maverik at 995 Ambassador Dr, Reno, NV 89523

This is the basic run without the route to Stampede:

This is the Stampede portion:

We will end up tying these two routes together on this trip.

We have several options for camping. The one I would like to try is here:

I do not know if that location is a formal (authorized) camp site. There is plenty of parking and a fire ring though. There are some open sites closer to Stampede and some paid sites on the south shore of Stampede too. There's also Lookout and Dog Valley campgrounds (top of the pic)

There's lots to explore back through here, so after spending some time refreshing ourselves at Stampede, we could setup camp early and break out into groups as desired to check out the trails, peaks, and other sites too. We could do this on Sunday as well for those of us planning on camping.

I really want to get to Verdi Peak for a photo op!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom