What are you working on? (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I will check proper torque and then paint mark a line so I can check them at a glance. Maybe blue loctite? I just hope it goes together easily. I could use an easy fix.

Went smoothly. The axle moved back very easily and a jack with a piece of wood under the front frame rail was just the trick to get things lined up and installed. The bolt on the opposite side was very loose as well, just silly. Truck is back up again and all is right with my world.

@brian ... I got the replacement nuts and bolts ... no washers :bang: ... it shouldn't be this hard. Should have those next week and will get everything back to you. Thanks again.

Replaced Blue rug juniper with sod. Much better.

20190601_191917.jpg

Have been on a search to find a fun summer vehicle to replace our little coupe that was totaled. The Mrs. has always wanted a convertible and I think we checked all the boxes on this one.
What a fun little car. 07 3.0SI 6 SPD RWD with M suspension, sport and premium packages.
83F1D7AD-1616-47B5-B45D-3B43669555B4.jpeg

NICE!!! Love the 6 speed manual!!! M package is also very nice to have... congrats!

Have been on a search to find a fun summer vehicle to replace our little coupe that was totaled. The Mrs. has always wanted a convertible and I think we checked all the boxes on this one.
What a fun little car. 07 3.0SI 6 SPD RWD with M suspension, sport and premium packages.
View attachment 1992792

Had a pretty interesting (funny) experience today with the FJ40.

I was meeting a friend for lunch 30-something miles away - decided to take the FJ40. I fired it up, pulled out of the garage, and it was close to overheating before I got to the front of my neighborhood a quarter mile away. I didn't feel any noticeable drag, but I just readjusted my parking brake (having lost functionality halfway through Rausch creek) so I figured maybe it was over-adjusted.

So I yanked the hand brake (At a stop) and the hand-brake lever FELL OFF. (cotter pin in the pivot point was long gone, so the dowel pin it pivots on finally fell out). Undeterred, I got out, crawled under the truck, and backed the brake all the way off, and drove it to lunch and back with no further issues - with the brake or overheating.

I filled up on my way out, and on my way home, 65 miles later.

The truck returned almost 13mpg round-trip (up from my typical 10-11). I am thinking my e-brake has been at least partially engaged for a year...:bang:

Time will tell if this was the issue or if I just had a nice tailwind today. Not really "what I've been working on," but certainly something I will be working on here soon...

This is low hanging fruit. But... Better for you to grease your own holes then have someone do it for you.

as they say in japan, why do for yourself when someone else can do it for you....or in this case, to you.

74. Detroit rear locker. New 33 BFG Km2s. Saginaw PS. Disc brakes. Rusty rear sill and quarters but otherwise in very servicable shape.

I drove in for about 20’ around the sellers house. Needs a new muffler And a seat extension kit ASAP!

It’s a four-speed.

Not quite sure what I’m going to do with it yet, any advice or thoughts?

It appealed to me because it hasn’t been monkeyed with too much, is in seemingly good mechanical condition and pretty darn close to being ready to bounce around on the trails with the rest of the guys. Not too pretty that I’d mind beating/scratching it up a bit. And in good enough condition that if I wanted to replace the rear sill and quarters and patch some other areas it would make a nice restoration.

Not quite sure what I’m going to do with it yet, any advice or thoughts?

drive it, join us in the slow lane, smell the flowers and enjoy life.

If my wife asks I am just storing this for one of you guys!!!

View attachment 1997715

If it helps sell the story to your wife, you can just sign it over to me so it's not registered in your name ;) In all seriousness though, looking forward to having some more 40's out on the trail.

drive it, join us in the slow lane, smell the flowers and enjoy life.

Let's be serious - the only thing we smell in the slow lane is exhaust fumes, but the flowers sure look like they smell nice.

Last edited:
Nice score, Ben!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom